title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch converter "no conversion" option

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eskil
    • May 2012

Batch converter "no conversion" option

1) Batch converter is a fine tool, a part of what's fine is it's possibility to restructure your directory structure and file naming based on id3 tags.

For this it could be practical with a "no conversion" option: copy and rename, make new structure, but don't convert.

So maybe I find out, that it could be practical to change my directory structure or file naming, sort after genre etc.

Imagine you get a mew mp3 player as a part of your car radio, Hi-Fi or TV. These are often not very advanced, and you need to get creative with your naming to be able to find your music.

2) I'd like to be able to filter by ID3 tag, eg. select full library and only convert "Pop". It could work by making the file list and sorting those, but the file list only shows the first few directory levels for some reason.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Batch converter "no conversion" option

Can't you already do all this with ARRANGE AUDIO and/or ID TAG UPDATE DSPs?
    Last edited by garym; 05-24-2012, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• Eskil
      • May 2012

Sounds great, How? Is ARRANGE AUDIO included in audio or batch converter, or where do I find it?

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Eskil
        Sounds great, How? Is ARRANGE AUDIO included in audio or batch converter, or where do I find it?
        download from here, then install by doubleclicking on downloaded file. Use if fairly self explanatory once installed.

Comment

Working...

]]>