title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

PerfectTUNES discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: PerfectTUNES discussion

>I am currently tethering using my android phone, I don't know if that matters or not.

Yes it is likely the HTTP headers are being changed, which stops the program or server from operating.

If you are technical and can wireshark the http traffic, it might show us what is wrong.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• permtemp2003
      • May 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      >I am currently tethering using my android phone, I don't know if that matters or not.

Yes it is likely the HTTP headers are being changed, which stops the program or server from operating.

If you are technical and can wireshark the http traffic, it might show us what is wrong.
      I'm sorry I know what your talking about, but I don't know how to do that.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2011

Limit to number of albums that can be submitted to AR at one time?

I've just started playing around with PerfectTunes, hoping to check the accuracy of my many older rips as I create a new archive. When it works, and successfully analyzes an album, PerfectTunes appears to be a great tool.

My problem, however, is that I can only check a few albums at a time. Originally, I tried targeting a directory that had about 250 album folders. It spent a lot of time reading them all, then eventually reported "Could Not Connect" for most of them (along with a few submissions returned as incomplete or not present in AR). I've tried this on a couple different computers with the same result.

If I submit one, or a few, of any of these "Could Not Connect" albums, they are submitted successfully and I get an AR report. But with hundreds of folders to process, I can't see adding them one folder at a time.

Is this by design? Is there a specific limit on the number of folders/albums/tracks that can be submitted at once?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

If you restart the program, it will only recheck the ones it could not previously.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BrodyBoy
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Sep 2011

If you restart the program, it will only recheck the ones it could not previously.
            I've tried that several times. It quickly rescans (apparently having saved the initial scan data in cache), and then proceeds to the AR submission phase. With exactly the same results...."Could Not Connect reported for all the same albums. But again, I can submit any one of these albums individually, or as part of a smaller group of albums, and the submission is successful.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

open explorer, type %appdata%

if you zip up the perfecttunes folder (where all the albums are together) we shall check at our end.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BrodyBoy
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Sep 2011

open explorer, type %appdata%

if you zip up the perfecttunes folder (where all the albums are together) we shall check at our end.
                Ok,, will do. I've since cleared the cache, but I'll re-run the larger folder and send you the results. Thanks for the help, Spoon.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by BrodyBoy
                  Ok,, will do. I've since cleared the cache, but I'll re-run the larger folder and send you the results. Thanks for the help, Spoon.
                  Hey again...I've got the PerfectTunes' APPDATA folder zipped. Where should I send it?

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Here:

Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BrodyBoy
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Sep 2011

%appdata% folder sent.

Comment

• Westprog
                        • May 2013

I'm trying out Perfecttunes at the moment, and while I do find it useful, it is a lot more cumbersome to use than I would have hoped.

The main issue is that each duplicate entry give the track name, album name, format - but not location. It's not even possible to hover or right-click to get this information. The only way to deal with this is to open two copies of Windows explorer and look. I'm pretty sure that this means it takes two or three times as long to sort out the problem. It shouldn't really matter how bulky each individual entry is.

I find this an issue because obviously, faced with two identical files, I'd rather delete the one that's misfiled than the one which is in the right place.

I also find it tedious that when an entire album is duplicated, there's a separate entry for each track. If two directories have identical content, it would be hugely convenient to have a "delete album" button - with a possible "expand" if someone really wants to look track by track. It would also be helpful to know when an album is incomplete in one location but more complete in another. Sometimes an album would be re-released with bonus tracks, and it's worth noting this.

Comment

• RomkeNL
                          • Dec 2012

Are new beta's of PerfectTUNES anouced here?

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

On the download thread yes.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Johninoz
                              • Jun 2013

Hi!

I have to say that PerfectTunes has been a great help with my collection! However, I have noticed a few things that are frustrating.

When I first did the scan of 60,000 songs it took PT about 24 hours of listening. I assume that is normal. But the matching of 1500 albums without art took seven days. Is that to be expected?

Also, after the first matching I went through and tried to fix any album for which a match could not be found. I think PT and I got about 1400 of them. However, I ran the program again and the count dropped to 1279. I repated the manual fixing again and ran it again. It dropped to 870. I ran it again and it dropped to 550. Again and it dropped to 287. The problem is that I am manually fixing the same albums over and over and PT is automatically fixing many of the same.

Is this to be expected?

Finally, if the matching is incomplete, can I add covers manually? In many of the cases above I had already done that in ITunes but PT doesn't seem to recognise that.

Thanks again for the great work!

Comment

• nvm13
                                • Jun 2013

Hi,
                                Been trying out the program. Really like the album art part. Was running fine for a while, until for some reason it hits a song while listening and just hangs. Tried selecting a different folder and still hangs. I am talking about perfecttunes and not my computer. My music is stored on an external network server. I am using the latest beta build. I also have a suggestion of instead of the option to select one folder in the folders to listen to dialog it would be nice to be able to select a few at a time. That way for us with large libraries we could break it up into smaller chunks which would make it quite manageable. Really like the program and the concept is there, but have gotten frustrated because now it doesn't work at all. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...

]]>