title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

PerfectTUNES discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: PerfectTUNES discussion

Originally posted by Spoon
    Yes they need to be per disc, that is disc 1 track 1, disc 2 track 1
    I believe I had to set tracknumber and tracktotal per album, due to track sort problems in Asset UPnP and Asset Control years ago.

Have these track sort problems been fixed?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

dBpoweramp Configuration >> Music Converter >> Enable popup info tips 'advanced'

sample count is in the list.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LeapFrog
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
        dBpoweramp Configuration >> Music Converter >> Enable popup info tips 'advanced'

sample count is in the list.
        Thanks!

I found this 'advanced' setting option - however, now it gets more interesting...

I changed the advanced settings in dBpoweramp Configurations (adding Sample Count) and went back to Windows File Explorer but the dBpoweramp popups had not changed - they still had the same info as previously and did not update to include Sample Count. I rebooted, thinking that the settings might be cached, but no luck - still no Sample Count in the popup.

Next, I re-ripped a CD (thinking that the new dBpoweramp configuration settings might be "inherited" in a new rip) - but, again, no luck.

Finally, I used dBpoweramp Configuration to DISABLE every popup item except for Sample Count and, amazingly, the popups did not change! They still included all of the info that I had disabled (eg: Sample Rate and Sample Size) and they did not include the only item that I had enabled (Sample Count).

I am running a clean Win8 install (not an in-place upgrade and installed ~2-3 weeks ago) with a "barebone" set of apps installed - so the OS should not be a prime suspect.

So, in summary, the dBpoweramp popups appear to be ignoring any of my 'advanced' configuration settings and displaying the same (rather extensive) list of info independent of the configuration settings.

And, btw, I ran the PerfectTunes AccurateRip utility against my newly ripped CD and it continues to provide the same report -- the FLAC and ALAC files verify as accurate and the WMA files report the same error.

Comment

• dbfan
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Jan 2011

Set your user account to admininstrator, change the advanced setting, then change back

Comment

• OldCoder
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Sep 2003

Is it possible to add a control to start processing the PerfectTunes library rather that do it automatically?

That would allow users to change the folders being processed. It starts on the last set of folders immediately, so a second set cannot be selected.

Comment

• EliC
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Where is PerfectTunes pulling album art from? Seems to just be a google/web search. I was under the impression that AudioSafe was going to be at least a source, but I don't see any indication that PerfectTunes is pulling art from AudioSafe.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

The automatic art is from AudioSafe + GD3, the manual page is google.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• shcbris.
                  • Jun 2010

I have just used Perfecttunes for the first time.
                  Interesting product and something I see great value in if it is reliable and accurate.
                  I have about 17k worth of lossless FLAC files ( about 1250 albums ).
                  Album art function was good except for albums that are not commonly found on the web ie ones I had to scan myself. So it reported I had 100 albums that needed attention.
                  The duplicate files function works well. Only issue I had was a couple of albums that were reported as having duplicates even though I could not find the duplicates actually on the drive... no big deal though.
                  My main concern is with the accuraterip function.
                  To date I have been using Audio tester from the following site to gauge any issues with my rips ( using DBP with no obvious rip issues ie getting an accurate indication).

While Audio tester tells me I have no files that are corrupted, Perfecttunes says I have about 43 albums with issues ie
                  a track or two with error or unverifiable tracks here and there.
                  So I guess I am wondering what to believe... anyone else use the audio tester and if so any comparison with perfecttunes results?
                  I have kept a backup of original unchanged files just in case as its all too hard to re rip.......
                  I also have a copy of these albums as 320kbps LAME that passes without error using Audio tester but I have not run it through Perfecttunes as yet.
                  Thanks for making this available to test.
                  Last edited by shcbris.; 04-06-2013, 04:40 AM.

Comment

• dbfan
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Jan 2011

What audio format are your 43 albums?

Comment

• shcbris.
                      • Jun 2010

Ripped using DBP using FLAC lossless the same as the other 1200 odd albums.
                      Have Replaygain ,HDCD and Multi CPU DSP set using windows XP originally and for the last year or so windows 7.
                      Dynamic setting is :
                      [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [artist] - [title]
                      for both lossless FLAC and 320Kbps LAME.
                      All rips using the same parameters.
                      Rips were done with lossless uncompressed FLAC to one HDD and to 320kbps CBR LAME to another drive simultaneously using Multi encoder.
                      That is all albums I have ripped were done using DBP varying from release V13.x to V14.x. over a period of a few years.
                      The 43 albums with reported issues seem to be random as to which level of DBP was used to rip them.
                      Just tested the whole 1200 odd albums again using the Audio tester for both lossless FLAC and 320Kbps LAME and no files were reported corrupt. Takes several hours for the FLAC test and a few hours to do the 320Kbps version using Audio tester.
                      Last edited by shcbris.; 04-06-2013, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• EliC
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by shcbris.
                        HDCD
                        The HDCD DSP is likely your problem. It changes the files and are no longer "accurate". Check and see, but I bet thats what most of those albums are. If you still have them, re-rip without the HDCD DSP.

Comment

• garym
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by EliC
                          The HDCD DSP is likely your problem. It changes the files and are no longer "accurate". Check and see, but I bet thats what most of those albums are. If you still have them, re-rip without the HDCD DSP.
                          Yes, see this

I apologize in advance for this lengthy post and its wordy questions, but after a lot of reading I'm still unsure what the best general approach is for ripping HDCDs, and from what I can tell there is no FAQ or definitive best practices recommended by illustrate. This might be a bit pedantic, but I'm really hoping those of you

Comment

• shcbris.
                            • Jun 2010

Looking further into it as I should of done before posting.
                            For the CD's reporting a track error or two most were associated with an "secure' rip status or "secure with warning" instead of "accurate" in the log of the rip.
                            There were a few albums that had a status of 'accurate" for all tracks but still perfecttunes reported 1 or two tracks as in error.
                            Maybe I am now thinking audio tester is not as good as I thought......? Still it has given me a frame of reference...its good for truncation etc issues..
                            Most of the albums with issues reported were called out for some tracks being "track unverifiable".
                            Can I take it that this simply means that there is nothing in the accuraterip DB to compare it with?
                            The only HDCD albums I have are Neil Young, Dire Straits and Joni Mitchell and possibly one or two other. The majority are normal CD's.
                            I do have the log text's for all files for the ripping of the albums if any are of interest.
                            When I get some time I will re rip the albums concerned and see how they turn out.
                            Maybe I should of only used HDCD for those albums I knew were HDCD....trouble is there are some that do not say they are HDCD but are in fact HDCD.
                            I will also read the best practice item ...hopefully I do not discover anything that will prompt me to re rip everything ......:cry:
                            Thanks again.
                            Last edited by shcbris.; 04-07-2013, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• dbfan
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Jan 2011

Try to rerun one of the bad reported albums.

Comment

• shcbris.
                                • Jun 2010

I re-ripped The Cat Empire CD The Cat Empire on another PC as this was the worst of the albums reported (with HDCD removed this time ).
                                Still reports as 1 track accurate ( track 12 ). All other tracks list as "i secure".
                                This CD has never been in a CD player and was ripped like a lot of my CD's straight out of new packaging.
                                I thought I'd try copying the CD onto a CDR ( Taiyo Yuden) burning it at x1.
                                When I ripped ( using DBP) using the burnt copy it it now lists tracks 1-11 and 13 are "x AR with green tick secure" instead of "x AR i secure" . Track 12 still lists as accurate.
                                So I'm thinking CD quality or similar even though its almost brand new and only been in a CD mechanism 3 or 4 times...??
                                Thought that I'd get a better result with Perfecttunes re test this time....
                                Unfortunately the same result when tested with Perfecttunes.. 1 track (track 12) accurate the rest have errors (tracks 1-11 and 13 )
                                Last edited by shcbris.; 04-07-2013, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>