title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

3 CDs Rip and their Cuts/Files Mix in Folder......HELP PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tom Swaman
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2011

3 CDs Rip and their Cuts/Files Mix in Folder......HELP PLEASE

Yes, I am a noobie, but I am careful and I have ripped 2500 CDs usinf dbpa. Last evening, I ripped a three CD set of Bach'd, St. Matthew Passion. I plated this this morning to make certain the set ripped in total. I looked in the master folder at the CD folders. Lo and behold, two of the discs should contain 28 files and one contains 29 files which they did. However, their was an interchange of files among the three discs after file number 24. In other words, file no. 25(Track 25) of Disc 1 showed up as file no. 25 (Track 25) of disc 3, and so on.

1) What went wrong?

2) How, in detail, can I rearrange these files to fix this and to re-establish disc continuities?

3) Is it permissible torip one of two discs in a box set using the batch ripper and one using the CD ripper and store the two files in a single folder?

4) If multiple discs are in a folder and these discs are not numbered, how, in detail to I successfully add the disc number to the disc tag so that it remains in the tag? I tried to highlight each file in one disc and add the "Disc" plus the disc no. to the tag. the minute I closed the files, the added disc and number disappeared. I tried this with single highlighted files and with multiply highlughted files with the same results.

5) Are there any written protocols/instructions for editing information associated with ripped files and folders in dppa?

THANK YOU BIG TIME FOR YOUR MUCH NEEDED ASSISTANCE.

With appreciation,
    Tom
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: 3 CDs Rip and their Cuts/Files Mix in Folder......HELP PLEASE

It is easiest to delete the files then re-rip the discs.

Depending on your naming options, that would determine if discs can be intermingled. Sometimes people put the disc number at the end of the album name, or you can offset eash disc in a box set by giving a track number offset (for disc 2 right click on track one and give a +100 track number offset).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tom Swaman
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Oct 2011

Re: ~~~~~~~~

Spoon,

I understand what you wrote, but you should know that thesethree discs did this out of their case, i.e. unaltered by me. Please provide me with an answer to my FIFTH question as this one ought to help a whole lot of folks. Thank you again,
      Tom

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

you can edit tags easily with dbpa ID TAG UPDATE. Or you can use mp3tag for powerful (or simple) editing of all the meta data. In ripping thousands of CDs, I can say that there are always some that need addtional metadata attention after ripping, and this is even more typical with multidisk sets. But it only takes me a minute or too to correct with a tag editor just after ripping is complete....

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

and you can use the arrange audio utility codec to move the files and organize them (file names directory location) based on tag info. mp3tag handles this as well.

Comment

• Tom Swaman
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Oct 2011

Gary,

Thank you, but you are over my head. I guess I am stupid, but I often need a cookbook to start to learn. So, I often try to edit the information names for indivifual files or for multiple files within a single folder, i.e. what I believe is termed a TAG. I find that sometimes this works, but about an equal portion of time, the edit does not remain.

I store my music as FLAC codec files, so why would I ever use MP3tag. I do not download or store MP3s?

What is the "arrange audio utility codec"? How do I find this? When and how do I use this?

Thanks and enjoy your week,
            Tom

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

mp3tag works with all sorts of files (flac, etc.). Yes, the name is an unfortunate one. I can't help with the update audio info dsp as I don't use it. In mp3tag, you'd load up all the song files in the "active" window, Select all the songs from disc1 of the set, and then enter the album title in the left side panel (if it says "keep" it means there is more than one album title in the selected files). Then enter the disk number in the left panel and make it 1 (then 2 or 3 for the other disks in the set). Then click the SAVE icon to save your work.

Perhaps someone else can chime in with how to do this with dbpa.....

Comment

• Tom Swaman
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Oct 2011

tHANKIS GARY. yES, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE ASSISTANCE WITH DBPA SINCE THIS IS WHAT I USE. I HESITATE ADDING SOFTWARE WHEN

Comment

• Tom Swaman
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Oct 2011

tHANKIS GARY. YES, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE ASSISTANCE WITH DBPA SINCE THIS IS WHAT I USE. I HESITATE ADDING SOFTWARE WHEN I AM STILL TRYING TO LEARN WHAT I CURRENTLY USE. FRANKLY, I THINK DBPA IS THE BEST OVERALL!!!!!

REGARDS,

TOM

Comment

• garym
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Tom Swaman
                    tHANKIS GARY. YES, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE ASSISTANCE WITH DBPA SINCE THIS IS WHAT I USE. I HESITATE ADDING SOFTWARE WHEN I AM STILL TRYING TO LEARN WHAT I CURRENTLY USE. FRANKLY, I THINK DBPA IS THE BEST OVERALL!!!!!

REGARDS,

TOM
                    yes, I agree. I'm a big fan of dbpa. I use it for all my ripping and recommend it to anyone that asks about ripping.

Comment

Working...

]]>