title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp Music Converter R14.3

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • d2b
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2010

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter R14.3

I installed R14.3 (beta) but see no obvious changes to CD Ripper. It does not write tags for TRACKTOTAL and DISCTOTAL, and it does not split custom fields with multiple values separated by a semicolon and space into separate tags as suggested by the vorbis standards for comments.

I don't know what this means, so I can't comment on whether or not it is implemented: FLAC defaults to non map Comment, Conduct

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Uninstall existing, reboot your computer and install the R14.3 beta
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jsmulree
        • Jun 2012

It appears that with the latest beta, Windows Media Player can longer read the 'Year' field from the ID3v2 v2.3 within MP3 files generated by the converter from FLAC files generated by the ripper. In Windows Media Player, the year of each track is 'Unknown'. I should mention that FLAC tags are set according to the standard (manually changed from the defaults in the latest beta).

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Update 18th July

Bug fix to year tag going missing from mp3 ID3v2 tags
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
            Bug fix to year tag going missing from mp3 ID3v2 tags
            RE: Update 18th July

When converting a flac with a DATE tag as 2012-07-16, to mp3, I get a YEAR tag as 2012 and a DATE tag as 0617 as read in MP3Tag.

Also, with earlier versions of dBpoweramp, when ripping a CD, for mp3, ArtistSort and AlbumArtistSort were populated and for flac Artist Sort and Album Artist Sort were populated.

Now, Artist Sort and Album Artist Sort are populated for both mp3 and flac.

Please advise. TIA

Comment

• twit
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jul 2010

Regarding the July 18 release:

- I just have flac DATE tag fields with just the year in them, and these seem to convert appropriately into a TYER frame.
              - But flacs with lyrics tag fields are converted to many, many tag fields - one new tag field per line of lyrics. It looks like dMC is interpreting each line break in a lyrics tag field as a separate tag field for the purposes of conversion.

Comment

• d2b
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Aug 2010

Not only did R14.3 (beta) fail to write DISCTOTAL and TRACKTOTAL tags after I first installed it, it also failed to write TRACKNUMBER when ripping the first few CDs.

Rather than reinstalling R14.3 (BETA), I visited the FLAC mapping table to see if TRACK was actually set to map to TRACKNUMBER. I confirmed that it was, and went back to the ripping interface to try and rip yet another CD. Magically all three of these problems went away. That is, the next CD was ripped correctly, with TOTALDISC, TOTALTRACK and TRACKNUMBER appearing as advertised.

It doesn't seem logical to me that simply opening the configuration app and looking at the FLAC mapping table would resolve the tag-writing and -mapping issue, but it apparently did just that.

d2b

Comment

• mville
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mville
                  Now, Artist Sort and Album Artist Sort are populated for both mp3 and flac.
                  Just to confirm. Is the change for mp3 tags from ArtistSort to Artist Sort and AlbumArtistSort to Album Artist Sort, a bug, or part of the recent R14.3 changes?

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

It is possible an old bug has been corrected, the field name should be uniform across all (as far as it is presented to the user in our programs).
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Update 20th July

Lyrics tag correctly saved to mp3 id tags.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• twit
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Jul 2010

It behaves differently, but still doesn't work properly. I started with a FLAC file that has synced lyrics in a single VorbisComment tag field LYRICS and unsynced lyrics in a single VorbisComment tag field UNSYNCED LYRICS.

After converting, I ended up with an mp3 file with no SYLT frame, a USLT frame that contains the synced lyrics complete with time stamps, and many, many tag fields of TXXX UNSYNCED LYRICS - each tag field containing one line of unsynced lyrics.

As occurred with previous dMC versions, I'm expecting VorbisComment LYRICS to be mapped to SYLT, and VorbisComment UNSYNCED LYRICS to be mapped to USLT.

Comment

• mville
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
                          Update 20th July

Lyrics tag correctly saved to mp3 id tags.
                          So, is the Year tag for mp3 files OK?

I have mp3 files which were previously showing (in Edit ID-Tag):

1997-03-07

now showing as:

1997-03-07{CR}1997-03-07

Comment

• PeterP
                            Super Moderator
                            • Jul 2011

So, is the Year tag for mp3 files OK?

I have mp3 files which were previously showing (in Edit ID-Tag):

1997-03-07

now showing as:

1997-03-07{CR}1997-03-07
                            That's definitely not right. It would be very good if you could (once again) email me a sample file showing duplicated date information - we'll fix this as soon as possible. Thanks.

Originally posted by twit
                            It behaves differently, but still doesn't work properly. I started with a FLAC file that has synced lyrics in a single VorbisComment tag field LYRICS and unsynced lyrics in a single VorbisComment tag field UNSYNCED LYRICS.

After converting, I ended up with an mp3 file with no SYLT frame, a USLT frame that contains the synced lyrics complete with time stamps, and many, many tag fields of TXXX UNSYNCED LYRICS - each tag field containing one line of unsynced lyrics.

As occurred with previous dMC versions, I'm expecting VorbisComment LYRICS to be mapped to SYLT, and VorbisComment UNSYNCED LYRICS to be mapped to USLT.
                            Will be fixed in the next update, thanks for reporting.

Comment

• mville
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Dec 2008

I have posted before about the mp3 tag changes/bugs in R14.3 but I need more clarification as to what is going on.

I have ripped a CD to mp3 in CDRipper R14.3 and then imported into iTunes.

Below are 2 screenshots showing the tags for one of the mp3 files. Those in RED are not as expected, i.e. these tags were populated as expected in R14.2.

In CDRipper, the tags were set as follows:
                              Year: 1975-12
                              Style: 70's; Experimental Ambient; Ambient; Art Rock
                              Artist Sort: Fripp, Robert; Eno, Brian
                              Album Artist Sort: Fripp, Robert; Eno, Brian
                              ComposerSort: Fripp, Robert; Eno, Brian

Note that 4 of the 5 tags are empty and the other, Sort Composer has a different separator to Composer.
                              Last edited by mville; 07-26-2012, 11:46 AM. Reason: added CDRipper tag values

Comment

• PeterP
                                Super Moderator
                                • Jul 2011

Thank you once again for the detailed report; a new beta version addressing these issues will be out soon.

I have posted before about the mp3 tag changes/bugs in R14.3 but I need more clarification as to what is going on.
                                R14.3 uses a completely new ID3 tag reading library which - among other things - introduces ID3v2.4 support. Unfortunately, there are some compatibility quirks left to be worked out.

Regarding inconsistent separators: we now use the slash character as a delimiter for multiple values in ID3v2.3, per conventions from the ID3v2.3 specification.
                                Last edited by PeterP; 07-29-2012, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>