title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Newbe Questions Batch Ripper

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobbeanbags
    • Oct 2011

Newbe Questions Batch Ripper

I got everything working with batch ripper and Sony Viao VGP-XL1P, I love this program. I didn't understand that an AMG commercial license would have to be purchased after 400 CD's. I just purchased 1,000 metadata AMG tags but I have some basic questions.

1. Can I apply the tags after ripping? If so, how?
    2. I have a bunch of discs that have been rejected because of "no metadata", what does this mean? Are they ripped but unknown? Do I have to re-load all of those discs and re-rip?

I wish dBPowerAmp Batch Ripper would have stopped me after 400 lookups and asked if I would like to purchase more. It would be easier on your customers and generate more sales for you.
  • bobbeanbags
    • Oct 2011

Re: Newbe Questions Batch Ripper

OK ... I found where you can purchase additional lookups from the program, the problem is that I purchased the lookups from the dbpoweramp website. How to I enable batch ripper to use the lookups I purchased?

Also, please help me with question *1 above, Can I apply tags after ripping to the CD's that were rejected?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

1. No, only whilst ripping
      2. You are best using the normal CD ripper for these discs.

after purchasing you get an email with a link to apply the lookups to an account name, in batch ripper you create a new account, then supply that account name to the apply lookups, then Batch ripper will obtain those lookups.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bobbeanbags
        • Oct 2011

Hi Spoon,

Thanks for your quick response. I got the 1,000 lookup addition working.

Only one more question:
        From (2) above, Why should I use the normal cd ripper for these discs?

**** Added question ****
        It appears that some of these CD's were found and the album, track names etc are attached but there is no album photo. Why is that?

Thanks!
        Last edited by bobbeanbags; 11-17-2011, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• bobbeanbags
          • Oct 2011

More information on the post above. CD from Diana Krall "Stepping Out" has cover art but Love Scenes, Live in Paris and All for You do not. These are very popular CD's and must be in the database.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Normal CD Ripper also gets artwork from GD3, which requires a separate account in Batch Ripper (in addition to AMG).
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>