title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Pre-Emphasis & HDCD tags not working in Batch Ripper

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spies
    • Aug 2006

Pre-Emphasis & HDCD tags not working in Batch Ripper

I am really excited to see Pre-Emphasis & HDCD tags added to 14.2 however I cannot seem to get them to work in Batch Ripper 1.4 :( Please don't tell me this is another feature that only works in the CD Ripper and not in the Batch Ripper.
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Pre-Emphasis & HDCD tags not working in Batch Ripper

It will not work in batch ripper

Comment

• Spies
      • Aug 2006

Not the answer I was hoping for but thank you for letting me know just the same.

Comment

• bobbeanbags
        • Oct 2011

Does this mean that HDCD encoded CD's will rip as regular CD's but not higher resolution HDCD's?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

No, it is just ID Tags, not the actual processing which the HDCD DSP effect will process from Batch Ripper or CD Ripper.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Briain
            • Aug 2008

Hi

Is there any possibility of including the +6dB number-cruncher in the batch process which derives the extra info from existing FLAC files? Is there another way to do this (i.e. first convert them to WAV then apply the HDCD/FLAC batch process) or do I have to convert them to wav then do it in something like Soundforge (then re-FLAC them)?

I was also wondering if there was any way to identify whether this information exists in existing FLAC files (without going through the process of actually reflacing the entire NAS when most will not be HDCD).

Bri
            Last edited by Briain; 12-09-2011, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Convert FLAC >> FLAC with the DSP Effect HDCD, if any are HDCD they are written out at 24 bits.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Briain
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
                Convert FLAC >> FLAC with the DSP Effect HDCD, if any are HDCD they are written out at 24 bits.
                Hi

Thank you for the response! I've now been using the FLAC-FLAC process for a while, but I can't set it to preserver both the Ensemble and the AlbumArtist tags (I can only preserve one of them). I added this question to another thread (on a similar subject) so many apologies for it appearing twice!

Kind regards
                Bri

Comment

Working...

]]>