title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cd rip problem- new machine win7

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gchappel
    • Aug 2011

Cd rip problem- new machine win7

I have been using cdripper for years- never a problem.
    New machine- win7x64. All drivers up to date. Newest version of ripper.
    ripper downloaded and installed normally.
    Put a cd in the cd/dvd drive- it recognizes the drive and disk, metatdata comes up for the tracks.
    The first time I inserted a cd, I got the message from accuraterip something along the lines of will calibrate the cd drive.
    I no longer get that message.
    When I try to rip, or play a cd, the ripper program just locks up. I get the endless spinning circle then program not responding.
    Task manager shows the application- not responding. When I use that to end task- nothing happens.
    When I go into processes a shut down the processes associated with ripper, it will, after several minutes, shut the program down.
    It will not, however release the cd/dvd drive, and at that point the drive is no longer listed under device manager.

Drive works fine with anything else, plays audio disks through jr media center, etc.

Any ideas? As you can probably tell I am well over my head in what I know about computers here- just want to listen to great tunes.
    Thanks
    Gary
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Cd rip problem- new machine win7

What is happening is the CD drive is crashing, which it should not do...

You can try CD Ripper >> Options >> Communication set to 'Windows Built-in'
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gchappel
      • Aug 2011

Nope, still no luck??
      Hardware related?
      Sorry, in way over my head
      Gary

Comment

• gchappel
        • Aug 2011

If it helps any, this is the error message I got
        Thanks again- don't count the music, grabbed a disk of my wifes- I am a jazz guy myself.
        Gary

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'P:\music\music flac\aa aug 11\Glee Cast\Glee; The Music, Journey to Regionals\01 Glee Cast - Faithfully.flac'
        Track 1: ERROR Ripping LBA 0 to 20666 (4:35) in 13:21. Filename: P:\music\music flac\aa aug 11\Glee Cast\Glee; The Music, Journey to Regionals\01 Glee Cast - Faithfully.flac
        Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 0 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 20666)

Comment

• dbfan
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Jan 2011

Try disabling your security software, it might be blocking dbpoweramp

Comment

Working...

]]>