title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Mac compatibility using Windows via Bootcamp

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simon Moakes
    • Feb 2009

Mac compatibility using Windows via Bootcamp

Bit of a strange question, but thought this was the best place to post.

Has anybody installed this software on a Windows partition on a Mac using Bootcamp yet, and does it work?

If so, I would like to hear your opinion and experience; did the software run okay, did it recognise the CD drive, etc.

Regards.

Simon.
  • Simon Moakes
    • Feb 2009

Re: Mac compatibility using Windows via Bootcamp

Hi All. Just thought I would give you an update regarding this matter.

I bought a new iMac with 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 x 4 and 16 GB RAM running OX Lion.

I then installed Windows 7 on a separate partition using the built in BootCamp utility and I am happy to say that dBpoweramp has installed perfectly and is running fine. It even recognises the internal CD/DVD drive.

I am able to rip CD's between 6-28x (depending on original disc quality) and can convert file formats at around 170-220x using the 4x2 cores (8 tracks at once).

As far as I'm aware there is only one drawback, which is the ability to recognise CD's with hidden first tracks. If a CD with a hidden first track is inserted the drive jams and you have to restart windows using the power button. You then have to hold-down the eject key at start-up to force-eject the CD. Thankfully I only have a few of these discs, and know which ones they are.

If I notice any further quirks I will post them to this thread and I hope this info may help anybody wishing to make a transition from Windows to Mac.

Regards.

Simon.

Comment

Working...

]]>