title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Is it possible to batch rip CDs stored on a hard disk

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clausvn
    • Aug 2011

Is it possible to batch rip CDs stored on a hard disk

I have backed up all my music CDs on an external hard disk, and now I would like to rip all the CDs to MP3, i.e. I would like to know if it is possible to rip all music CDs in batch, when the music are stored on the hard disk in CD format?

Thanks
    Claus
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Is it possible to batch rip CDs stored on a hard disk

You copied the .cda files to your HDD?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MelM
      • Sep 2007

Spoon,

I've got a very similiar question. I'm thinking of using the Sony ariama music site to download lossless FLAC albums. I'd like to get them into my WavPack archive, which is where I now put CDs ripped with your ripper. However, I use the ripper to make a lot of changes to the metadata and use the [artist][album] and [track] prefixes. From the archive, I use your batch converter to comvert to apple lossless.

So, starting with a folder downloaded in FLAC format, I'd like to get the album into the archive looking like your ripper had done the job. I don't see anything in the product info for the ripper that says it can "rip" albums already on the HD. Just using the batch converer won't get me what I want. Since I avoid doing anything to an album once it gets to iTunes (except try to get missing art), the burdon is on manually fixing the WavPack album and it's location in the archive. I already spend considerable time changing metadata before starting the actual rip, so I'm not sure whether fixing the WavPack album manually would take much more time--I'll have to figure that out.

Anyway, my question is whether or not a manual fix (Edit Id-Tag) etc is doable and whether there's some sort of FLAC "ripper" available; I've seen something called a "FLAC ripper" but it's for a (FLAC+QUE) file deal and I don't think ariama is using such a format. I see that WavPack is a format selectable in your batch converter. Does this mean that it could convert FLAC to WavPack without another codec?

I bought your ripper and converter in the fall of 2007 and it's been used by about 270 CDs since then--a lot of use for my money. It's always a nice day when I get some CDs in the mail and get to spend some quality time with the ripper.

BTW, your web site is a mess when accessed from my iPad 2. The title and menu bar show but nothing else on the home page. The only menu button that shows anything is the Forum/Support button.

Mel
      Last edited by MelM; 08-09-2011, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Re: Is it possible to batch rip CDs stored on a hard disk

It is not possible to get new ID tags for already existing files (if that is your question), only by using a CD and Ripper can ID Tags be downloaded from the internet.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>