title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Auxiliary Input Release 4

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jim R

Re: Auxiliary Input Release 4

Any plans to include pop and hiss filters? I want to rip some old LP's but I want to clean up the sound.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

I have never come across any info on how to add such, it has been on the cards for a long time.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

I have somewhat specialized in LP transfer. The best system by far I have found is Wavelab in combination with 'Waves - Restoration' pack.
        It is very expensive, though. But don't let that keep you...
        The best player is still dbpoweramp!

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Now Removed (latest Aux Input is installed with the latest dMC).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dexboy
            • Jun 2004

Can you please type the link, again, because that link http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dMC-Aux-Input.exe
            does NOT work. But i would want to ask, if codec for .midi extensions will ever come out?

Comment

• xoas
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2002

dexboy-
              The link is dead because, as Spoon indicated, Auxilary Input is now included in dMC (in the current beta versions). This may be a disappointment for those who wanted only the beta Auxilary Input without going in for the current beta for Music Converter (which has much to recommend it except for having to eventually pay up to use mp3).

Best wishes,
              Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• ChristinaS
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by dexboy
                Can you please type the link, again, because that link http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dMC-Aux-Input.exe
                does NOT work. But i would want to ask, if codec for .midi extensions will ever come out?
                I don't see a regular codec for midi simply because midi is not an audio type at all. It represents a set of functions that use your sound card's midi sound bank to reproduce sound. The audio quality of what comes out depends entirely on your midi sound bank, if you have any on your pc. This is why on some computers some midi files sound awesome and on others they sound like stuff from a kid's little cheap casio keyboard. For midi to be "converted" (though captured is the better term) to an actual audio file, you can use dMC Auxiliary Input and record the sound to wav (or any compressed format if you want) as reproduced by your sound card. The audio quality is limited by your sound card's midi capabilities.

For there to ever be a midi codec-like program it would have to come complete with an extensive soundbank so it would not rely on your midi soundbank. In fact it would have to be a midi-enabled player complete with recording facility. Sounds like a joint venture between dAP and dMC Auxiliary Input and a midi sound bank, doesn't it?

Programs such as Voyetra's Record Producer Deluxe are designed to create midi and also to create an audio mix-down from a midi file.

Comment

• hydroman
                  • Oct 2003

tried to download and got a 404 can not be found error

Comment

• Razgo
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

i am pretty sure auxiliary input is now part of dmc, download here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2261

Comment

• coachrover
                      • Dec 2004

great post

Comment

Working...

]]>