title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP v4

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daxb
    • Apr 2008

Re: Asset UPnP v4

i have a registered version 3 that was working just fine. I installed the beta and my Sony blu-ray players and Onkyo reciever no longer recognizes Asset. I tried installing multiple times. Rebuilt the database, etc. What went wrong?

BTW - I messed around with Asset Control. Very nice. Can't wait to see it evolve.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Try uninstalling R4, then reboot, and reinstall, if you have security software make sure it is not blocking asset (as the program has changed some do).
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DaFork
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jan 2011

How is v4 final getting along? Looking forward!

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Finishing the code this week...
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Final Code Update

Asset is now Code Final for R4, this last update adds:

UPnP Search Implemented (requires a search enabled control point, such as PlugPlayer)
            Asset self restarts if crashes

In addition to many last minute beta issue fixes.

We hope to full release in March
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DaFork
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
              Final Code Update

Asset is now Code Final for R4, this last update adds:

UPnP Search Implemented (requires a search enabled control point, such as PlugPlayer)
              Asset self restarts if crashes

In addition to many last minute beta issue fixes.

We hope to full release in March
              Nice!! Where can I test it? Is the link to the beta updated with this version?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

First message of this thread.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mickc
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Sep 2010

Thanks for adding search, Spoon - I'd not even thought about that but I still have PlugPlayer on my iPad and search works a treat.
                  Just need Linn to pull their socks up and add it to Kinsky Touch!

Mick

Comment

• knirpslinn
                    • May 2011

It's great to finally be able to use PlugPlayer without crashing Asset. I'm still a little confused about the search function - all I get for results are individual tracks. Am I missing something?

Wasn't the ability to do an advanced search by "bits" going to return in the final version of Asset 4?

Comment

• DaFork
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Jan 2011

Back from a business trip and installed it. I cant get search results in Bubbleds 1.4, although it is enabled (upnp search). Can anyone confirm this is an issue from either asset or bubbleds?.

Comment

• dorch
                        • Jul 2011

Re: Asset UPnP v3.1

i've been using Asset uPNP for some time and was pleased to find the beta as i have just upgraded my home server tto WHS 2011 and the current production version of Asset uPNP would not reinstall on this WHS version. Beta is working very well - no problems experienced. Indeed it seesm to work better than the previous version. When you get to teh final release version it would be good to consider those of us with the paid for version as I can't instal the beta on top of the previous version as I am not able to instal the previous version on WHS 2011.
                        Thanks,
                        David

Comment

• mickc
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Sep 2010

I've managed to do this following guidance from Spoon in an earlier post. Simply install the registered XP version in WHS 2011, then the beta on top.

Mick

Comment

• WonderingWho
                            • Feb 2012

Just installed the Code Final for R4 (WHS addin version).

I had Asset v3 registered installed and running on WHS2011 (and using the Remote Launcher addin to provide shortcuts to Asset's config).
                            That was working reasonably well, but at times a bit sluggish with FLAC and my Cambridge Audio NP30.

Grabbed the WHS installer and it went on fine, no problems, picking up that it was registered. So far, very good. Liking the new artist artwork rendering, and it seems alot snappier - especially when refreshing the library. Will post more once I've been able to give it real test.

Comment

• Oliviander
                              • Sep 2010

Asset UPnP v5

Hi Spoon, and everybody interested in the development of Asset UPnP
                              maybe this post would be more appropriate for the wishlist, but i would rather see a discussion from the users which are actually taking part in the beta installment of asset upnp server like myself.

The main reason I am using asset server software is the possibility to set up a search tree for the music collection that fits my taste, and therefore the support of custom tags.

May be I'm wrong but I guess there are many other users out there who have a similar motivation.

Clearly it is not wrong to implement new features in the software like Upnp search or the Dynamic searching, But I actually didn't miss it.

I would rather see a refinement of the possibilities of the classic search tree:
                              I actually have seen threads from other forum users that go in this direction, but I always had the impression that you didn't always really got the point of what they meant.

So as the Version 4 is going final I am sure the following suggestions won't fit but please consider
                              them for asset 5 (or maybe 4.1)

1. One should have the possibility to rename the tags, as they are sended to the Controlpoint.

This way it would be possible to adjust asset to other languages and it would be possible to use standard tags for other purposes which in some cases is easier than use custom tags.

Especially for the second use it would be appopriate to have the renaming on a search-tree-entry level
                              rather than a global renaming.
                              (and I guess this would be rather easier to implement than on global level).

I imagine the possibility to simply rename each element in the search tree independently, even if it is
                              the same tag in another position in the search tree, so that you can rename AlbumArtist to "Künstler(Album)" when you are in the Pop Branch of your Search tree and "Komponist(Album)" when you are in the Classical branch.

2. There should be an optional "ALL" entry on each level of the search tree

There should be the possibility to activate an "All" entry to a tag choice including all tracks that have
                              that tag regardless of its value, ignoring all tracks that don't have that tag.

3. There should be a function to select this "All" entry automatically

So why would I want those features 2 & 3:

Some people asked for conditional branching, meaning that the structure of the search tree
                              should depend on your choices of an upper level selection:
                              Assuming you would have a tag "MainGenre" with only 2 possible entries Pop and Classical
                              there then would be a different search tree depending on the Genre you select.

I think this kind of branching is simply too complicated to generate:
                              To get that same effect I would use 2 Tags "PopGenre" and ClassicalGenre" each tag only existing in the appropriate tracks. Using this tag on any level of the search tree, you can actually get the same effect. And as far as that, I can do this with Asset now as it is.

But when I select "PopGenre" I actually have to select between the genres even if I don't want to do it.
                              And even if there exists only 1 value for PopGenre in all my tracks and therefore is only one entry in the list - I have to actually select it to get to the next level of the search tree.
                              An Autoselection of all tracks that actually have this tag would spare me to do this selection.

Another possibility would be to actually use the "PopGenre" so that there would be more than one entry in the list
                              But in this case there should be at least the possibility to manually select "ALL" as for in some cases I do not envision a specific genre, while selecting the music.

Actually you could circumvent this problem if the Custom Tag PopGenre could handle more than one entry per track, then you could give the Tag two values a "specific" Value" and an "ALL" Value
                              and by that simulating the "ALL" entry suggested under 2.

This would be my main wishes Number 1 having the highest priority

Alternatively to number 2 & 3 you could implement:

4. Custom Tags should support multiple entries

I think I don't have to comment that. Should it be too complcated to do that really customized,
                              then you could at least make some standard tags custom1 - custom2 - custom3 which could be renamed to any name by point 1. (I could live with that)

Other wishes would be:

5. Possibility to Suppress any internally handled normalizations

I would like my tags to show up the way I wrote them in:
                              I don't want tho show up: "Beatles, The" as "The Beatles"
                              and I really I don't see how anybody would want his manually filled Values to
                              show up in any other form as written in.

I don't even have the chance to put anything in the tag that would show up as "Beatles, The"
                              which is the way I would want the Beatles to show up.

6. Sort Tags should work with mulitple Value Tags and should have the option to be used exclusively

As you outpointed in one post to me, the Sort tags don't work correctly with multiple entry Tags:
                              that should be fixed. And there should the option that only the sort Values are actually used in the search tree.

Why would I want point 5 and 6:
                              I would like to have Artists in the search list only with their SortValues as for Example:

[Artist] Tags of one track: "Martha Argerich" and "Gidon Kremer"
                              [ArtistSort] Tags of one track: "Argerich, Martha" and "Kremer, Gidon"

In the search tree ONLY the 2 sort sort values should show up:
                              "Argerich, Martha" and "Kremer, Gidon"

The artist values "Martha Argerich" and "Gidon Kremer"
                              should only be used for showing up in the now playing display (of the controlpoint and renderer).

Does anybody support my suggestions?

Comment

• WonderingWho
                                • Feb 2012

Re: Asset UPnP v5

Hi Folks,

I have a question on UpStream Artwork (i.e. artwork display when browsing Artist)....

Assume the following folder structure:

- Music
                                - Artist1
                                -Album1
                                -Album2
                                - Artist2
                                -Album3
                                -Album4
                                etc.

It appears as if Asset will use Album1's art for Artist1 and Album3's art for Artist2. i.e. it will extract the art from the first media file it finds (and this will be based on folder naming). and that it has to be in the media file rather than as a folder.jpg.

Is there perhaps a way to be able to stick a folder.jpg in the Artist1 and Artist2 folder and have it use that? This woud be much better, and allow the user to control which image is used without having to resort to a "dummy" file.

Or perhaps I am missing something obvious - not unusual!

either way let me know what you think.

cheers
                                s.

Comment

Working...

]]>