title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP v4

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP v4

The only reason it is slow, is to not tax the computer, it could complete quicker if it took 100% of the CPU. Whilst it is doing the combine, the library is fully available.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Just a quick one for the list: when done configuring Asset v4 latest beta and changing "Asset running mode" from "Service" to "disabled" and then back to "Service", it looses all user-specific configuration, like albumart-size, browse-tree etc. It seems to rebuild all configuration(txt)-files from scratch and assign default installation values.
    Bug or feature?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by dvdr View Post
    Just a quick one for the list: when done configuring Asset v4 latest beta and changing "Asset running mode" from "Service" to "disabled" and then back to "Service", it looses all user-specific configuration, like albumart-size, browse-tree etc. It seems to rebuild all configuration(txt)-files from scratch and assign default installation values.
    Bug or feature?
    I can confirm this "bug"

Having some trouble displaying artissort as well...

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Is it unusual for two process instances of uMediaLibrary.exe and uMediaLibrary-ReadTags.exe to be running concurrently (as in , 4 processes - 2 of each)?
    Asset R4 running on Win 7 ultimate x64 in Local user mode.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by RLANE View Post
    Is it unusual for two process instances of uMediaLibrary.exe and uMediaLibrary-ReadTags.exe to be running concurrently (as in , 4 processes - 2 of each)?
    Asset R4 running on Win 7 ultimate x64 in Local user mode.
    Clearly not. I started to to see duplicates. So I shut it all down and did a full restart. Everything OK now.
    And I do notice teh refreshes are much faster. Thank you. A nice plus.

Tonight when I went in to browse by Filename & Folder I was given a message saying that the software requires the Pro version to be registered. Is there a way to get the V4 Beta to recognize my V3 Pro license?

Administrator

If you install v4 over the top of a registered v3 license.

Interesting. I did not install over V3 as I have WHS 2011 and there was no previous version. This was working for the first 30 days (no surprises).

Will there be an upgrade fee from V3 to V4? Any word on when V4 will be released? It's been working very well for me and seems to be release quality as it stands, but you definitely know best!

Administrator

No upgrade fee for v3, cannot say when v4 will be released as we are trying to track down an elusive bug currently in v4 beta.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    No upgrade fee for v3, cannot say when v4 will be released as we are trying to track down an elusive bug currently in v4 beta.
    Is UPnP Search implemented in v4 final?

Administrator

Not currently

I currently listening to an opera, which has a large number of tracks. Rather than there being breaks between tracks, they should run directly into each other. However, I am getting short (teo second pauses). Watching the time counter on Kinsky Desktop, it spins during these pauses. Is there a way of running tracks into one another and avoiding the pause?

Thank you.

Administrator

Make sure you have the source selected as Playlist, not UPnP. There is no settings for removing gaps as it is handled automatically (by the player requesting the next track in a timely fashion).

Thank you - source is definitely set to Playlist. I am using a Linn Majic DSI - are there any settings on that?

Administrator

No, it sounds like you might have a slow network, make sure the computer on which Asset is running, is connected by a Ethernet wire direct to router and the DS is also connected direct to router.