title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xpillow
    • Jan 2005

Re: ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

Originally posted by Onemoresolo
    Regarding OpenMG files.

I recently recorded a show with a friends (1) Sony Mini Disc recorder and need help converting the OpenMG files to .WAV

We put them on a friends (2) computer using and old version of SonicStage. Since my friend(1) was going back to Sanfransico i decided to put the OpenMg files onto a data disc and bring them to my computer at home as we couldnt figure out how to convert them.

Upon research i learned that you need SonicStage ver. 2.1 or higher and you also need .WAV converter on Sony's website.
    I got both of them but when trying to play it i get the following error : "There is invalid rights management information in the OpenMG content"

Is there a way around this at all? or do i absolutely 100% need the original files? The persons (3) show i recorded was his cd release and had plans for this recording. I dont think the files are on the above mentioned computer.

with my friend going back to SanFran and the above mentioned computer possibly not having the original files am i screwed?

can i listen to or convert them is all i am asking.
    any help would be much appreciated.

ps- (1). (2) and (3) are just there because im refering to 3 different people.

peace love and respect
    pat

I get the same problem! I cant even play my omg files. It comes up with the same error message "There is invalid rights management information in the OpenMG content"

I got my omg files from my friends computer in Japan. When i was over there i wanted to take those files home. I couldnt figure out how to convert them to mp3 so i copied then strait as they are and went back to the states. However when i got back home i downloaded sonicstage and tried to play them. No luck. Got that error mentioned earlier.

Nothing works. Those omg to mp3/wav files that were on this board came up with an error. "Get sony wav writer Error: Class not registered"
    How can i even play these files!?! let along convert them...

Help anyone?

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by xpillow
      I get the same problem! I cant even play my omg files. It comes up with the same error message "There is invalid rights management information in the OpenMG content"

I got my omg files from my friends computer in Japan. When i was over there i wanted to take those files home. I couldnt figure out how to convert them to mp3 so i copied then strait as they are and went back to the states. However when i got back home i downloaded sonicstage and tried to play them. No luck. Got that error mentioned earlier.

Nothing works. Those omg to mp3/wav files that were on this board came up with an error. "Get sony wav writer Error: Class not registered"
      How can i even play these files!?! let along convert them...

Help anyone?
      I guess you can't do anything. If you can't play them (because you're not the rightful owner who purchased them) then you cannot record them either through the soundcard.

Ask your friend who bought them to convert them and give you the converted versions, nothing more you can do.

Comment

• BMW51k
        • Jul 2004

Guys - have you read NONE of this thread. You CANNOT convert OMG files to any other format as Sony have protected the codec. The first one to find out how to do it will have lots of e-friends.

Comment

• BMW51k
          • Jul 2004

GOOD NEWS.....
          Version 3 of Sonic Stage now allows the conversion of ATRAC tracks from your PC (i.e. in the SonicStage library) into MP3 or normal audio CD format.
          I've not tried it yet - but looks simple and easy. :smile2:
          However, I don't believe it allows ATRAC3 tracks on a device (i.e. a walkman or minidisc) to be converted, and they cannot be loaded back on to a PC.

LATER UPDATE: :vmad: :vmad: :vmad:

I've now tried it, and IT IS STILL NOT POSSIBLE TO CONVERT ATRAC3 TRACKS TO MP3 or anything else - even with SS version 3. (I should have realised Sony would not make it easy!) The truth remains - moving to Atrac or Atrac3 is a one way street, and there's no way back unless you have the original source, or are prepared for the quality loss by recording from a line-out. :cry:
          Last edited by BMW51k; 05-17-2005, 04:57 PM. Reason: It's wrong!

Comment

• nessa
            • Apr 2005

I used Sonic Stage Simple Burner, version 3, to burn a CD with about 131 songs. I was using an earlier version before and I was having quite a few problems with the actual burning procedure, but once i downloaded the new version everything worked fine... until I inserted the CD-romit on my Sony CD walkman, and it says "READING" forever! Please help!

Thanks!!!

Comment

• casketizer
              • May 2005

I really wonder why you all care for this format, its pure crap. Everything i tried with atracc/atracplus at less than 105kbits sounded like pure crap. Even plain old mp3 CBR 96kbit (with Fraunhofer codec at highest quality) is way better than atracplus at 105kbit.
              If you want a low bitrate codec use wma 9.1/9.5 its the only codec that produces near CD qualiy at 2pass VBR 64kbit. Next best low bitrate codec is mp3pro. If you only want to play on the PC mp4/aac/m4a produces ok quality at 64kbit. For portables wma9.x is the best followed by mp3pro. Some newer portables like the SonyEricsson Walkman Cellphones support MP4/AAC too.
              I have a portable mp3 player with wma 9.1/9.5 support and i am totally satisfied with the quality of wma 9.x 2pass vbr 64kbit and with 256mb you get like 10 albums on it and the thing didnt even cost 50 bux (plus 15bux for a decent set of earplugs from sony).

Comment

• rambeau2
                • May 2005

Re: I've Found It!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too. How does it work? I have many .atp music files on disc that I cannot play. It is very frustrating. I have been following the info threads here but nothing seems to work.
                Please advise.

Thanks

Comment

• rambeau2
                  • May 2005

So how can I play my atp files on disk?

Comment

• Homestarwunna
                    • May 2005

Few questions to ask is .at3=atrac3.and does anybody no how to convert mp3 -> at3 for the psp e.boot files.

Comment

• BMW51k
                      • Jul 2004

SS ver 3 will convert MP3 to Atrac3. Remember to keep the original MP3 files as there's no way back.

Comment

• LtData
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • May 2004

Thread locked, as it is wandering around the topic and, frankly, is starting to repeat itself.

Comment

• Razgo
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

re opening for a while....

Comment

• raintheory
                            • Mar 2006

There is a freeware program that will convert .oma & .omg files to wav, flac, mp3 etc. here: http://www.marcnetsystem.co.uk/

Any chance of teaming up and making a codec for dbPoweramp?

Comment

• hartley10
                              • Sep 2006

atrac is sony protection.does anybody know how to transfer a recording i made to my sony m.disk using my turntables and mixer,back to my pc.i have an audigy 2zs platinum pro soundcard with both analog/optical inputs.tried sony software but it requires check in with atrac format.

Comment

• bigspillway85
                                • Sep 2006

this is my first time posting here, not really sure if i am in the right place. i own two eclipse (fujitsu ten) mobile audio cd receivers. one of the features include on these is a sony magic gate memory stick port. i purchased the card reader/writer and the appropriate 1g card. I was able to transfer all of the 1g onto the card but the receiver will only read cards with atrac3 formatted tracks. i have no idea where i would be able to get this software. if anybody out there has any info, let me know. i appreciate any feedback. thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>