title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Re: ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

so my friend gave me a cd burned with the Sonic ATRAC stuff what do i need to do in order to listen to the songs on winamp. If you guys have alredy gone over it please repeat it, im to dumb to recognise it and would appreaciate the help
    Thanx a lot
    The coolest cat on capitol hill

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

Apparently the Liquid Audio plugin for WinAmp will allow you to listen to Atrac files. You can find it here:
      Embrace your inner fan, subscribe to your favorite artists to get Winamp-exclusive content.

(courtesy of Web Power, post #67, page 5 of this thread).
      Best wishes,
      Bill Mikkelsen
      Last edited by xoas; 08-24-2004, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Joseph
        Automatic Volume Limiting System

So the second part of the question was... how do you turn it off? I lost my user manuel... and listen to books on tape but it won't allow me to turn them up loud enough to hear them...

Comment

• Unregistered

There are 3 programs used here, Simple Burner (http://www.my-minidisc.de/download/t...mpleburner.zip), M3U2SBurner (http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/paolose/M3U2SB_108a.zip), and Nero.

Basically, ya install simple burner and your Drivers (http://www.minidisct.com/forum/showt...urner+download) (I dunno what player you have, but there are links at that page), install the M3U2SB program, and Nero (with ImageDrive). Basically what happens, is the M3U.. u select the files u wanna burn, and then it makes them into a cd image, and then burns them with simple burner (its all automated)...

You could also try using OpenMG (which is at that Drivers page I gave you)

If you need better instructions, dig http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/paol...structions.htm

* edit - I know your pain with Sonic Stage -- Sony's programs tend to fcuk your computer up if u change something as drastic as a rollback, or install them incorrectly... if you email sony tech support, they'll send u a program that will completely uninstall sonic stage (for some reason, uninstall doesnt uninstall, apparently u gotta do somethin drastic -- I had this problem with my Clie software, my dad installed it wrong on his PC, wouldnt work)... umm.. hehe

Comment

• Princess
            • Aug 2004

Hi all, can someone help me get my simple burner software working? I get this msg saying "An Error Has Occured While Creating This Image" when trying to burn Cds in Atrac.

Comment

• doksik

hey all, i can play atrac3 music on mobile phone but havet tried yet as i havent found a mp3 - atrac converter. also does anybody know if the files have to go into a certain folder on the mem card for phones? p.s im in japan

Comment

• Unregistered

ATRAC 3 to wav/Mp3

Hi everybody
                I just bought a new Sony Md which uses the MG technology and that Sonic Stage software that everybody seem to hate.
                I didn't install the software yet, because I have some questions about its features that gives me some doubts.

An important premise: I need the MD both for work (I'm a journalist and I wish to save the interwies I make on my PC) and for leisure (want to use it as a Walkman using the Discs as I used K7s once: erasing the compilation once I'm tired of it, instead of accumulating plastic)

-Is it or possible to convert an mp3/wav to atrac, so that I can listen them on my MD? (or I can rip audio ONLY from a CD and with the awful "only three times" restrictions?)

-Is it possible therefore to convert Atrac3 to Mp3/Wav so that I can save my own recorded stuf on PC (Of course I know I can do it in "real time" recording as I did with cassettes...but...)

-Will "Sonic Stage" rip a burnt CD or it's possible to upload to MD only originals?

Thanks a lot guys!

I don't know if I may find the answer to this questions in the previous pages (couldn't read every single thread out of 13 pages!) if so, please lead me to the right thread.

Comment

• Samus

ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus are probably the best audio formats to use with portable device. It would be great if you could include the Decoder and the Encoder of these formats. Thus, it would allow us not to continue to use SonicStage any more.

Thanks

Comment

• DeeZi

That's not true.

ATRAC3 and ATRAC3plus belong to the worst audio formats ever.

Look at the hydrogenaudio.org listening tests.

ATRAC3 @ 132kbps

ATRC3plus @ 256kbps vs. Lame --aps, Ogg Vorbis MMix II -q6, MPC -insane !

Comment

• Unregistered

Comment

• JC1

I didn't think there would be a thread for this codec but I'm glad there is one! Seems like a lot of people have the same problem. I also use ATRAC not only for the lossless encoding at a small size but also for the VAIO Media Network Filesharing program. In order to use this program, you have to have a SonicStage Library filled with ATRAC or ATRACplus. However I also need a converter because I have an Mp3 Player that doesn't do ATRAC. :( Hope somebody finally comes out with one!!!!!!

JC

P.S: Those of you looking to rip CDs in ATRAC format you can download Sony's player on their website, www.connect.com

Comment

• Unregistered

I just bought a sony atrac3plus cd player with sonicstage. I had a whole bunch of songs on my computer, some were ripped from windows media player and others were downloaded from kazaa.

When I first tried to make an atrac cd it started and kept stopping while writing the cd image, so it never burned or transfered songs on to the cd. I shut it down. Now whenever I try to put songs from my library to the transfer list it tells me that the remaining transfer count is zero. I have never transferred these songs. The technical support people told me that .wma format is not compatible with sonicstage, but the mp3 files dont work either. Does this have something to do with copyright? And is there anyway to get around it? Also, is it possible to convert wma to mp3?

If anyone has experienced this or knows what is going on, please help me!
                          Thank you

-Trey

Comment

• Unregistered

This makes me mad. I saved all of my music onto a cd in atrac3 format and cant get it back to mp3 so that i can make an audio cd of whats on the other cd. And the original computer i used crashed. So am i out of luck or what?

Comment

• xoas
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Apr 2002

I saved all of my music onto a cd in atrac3 format and cant get it back to mp3 so that i can make an audio cd of whats on the other cd.
                              This is exactly why ATRAC is not a good choice for storage. This trait is shared by other formats that are heavily proprietary or which undertake various DRM measures to hinder file conversion, so I am not talking only about ATRAC here. Regardless of how much you like ATRAC for compression, if you store music in ATRAC you have to be prepared to have software or hardware to play ATRAC when you need to access those saved files or you've got a problem. Suppose I had saved all my music on 8 track audiotapes back in the 80's (or was it the 70's, at my age they tend to blend together). Where would that music be now?

End of rant.

So am i out of luck or what?
                              No, you are not out of luck. WinAmp has a plug-in that will allow you to listen to ATRAC here:http://winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=50864
                              You may then be able to use the dBpowerAMP Music Converter's WinAmp Input Adapter codec to convert to mp3. Alternately, you could use WinAmp to play your ATRAC files and record them off of your sound card using dMC Auxilary Input.

Hope this helps.
                              Best wishes,
                              Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
                                What does AVLS mean? How can I get it to stop prohibiting me from turning up my volume?
                                go to this site and it will tell you how to turn that awful avls thing off...

media-server.amazon.com/media/mole/MANUAL000015881.pdf

Comment

Working...

]]>