title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Is it possible to add album art after CD is ripped?....nt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cut-Throat
    • Feb 2011

Is it possible to add album art after CD is ripped?....nt

Nt.
  • chimpo
    • Jul 2010

Re: Is it possible to add album art after CD is ripped?....nt

Yes - I'm using Windows 7, so it may be different if you have a different OS, but basically:

- if you've integrated dbpoweramp into your shell, you can right-click on the file and select "edit ID-Tag" and then edit the artwork file in the bottom pane (add album artwork)

- you can use your music library management software if it offers that. I use foobar and iTunes and they both allow you to do that.

For instance, in iTunes, you can either:
    (a) select the tracks you want to edit the artwork for, and copy and paste the artwork into the window at the bottom left of iTunes (click the little arrow pointing up if it's not showing) from (e.g.) http://www.albumart.org/; or

(b) select all the tracks you want to edit, right click and click "Get Info", then confirm you want to edit multiple items, then double-click the artwork area and browse to the folder where the artwork file is located.
    - there're also missing artwork locator utilities if you've got a lot to find and add, but that's a separate question.

There may be other ways that other people can suggest, but those first two are the main two ways I do it.

Hope that helps

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Re: Is it possible to add album art after CD is ripped?....nt

Originally posted by chimpo
      Yes - I'm using Windows 7, so it may be different if you have a different OS, but basically:

- if you've integrated dbpoweramp into your shell, you can right-click on the file and select "edit ID-Tag" and then edit the artwork file in the bottom pane (add album artwork)

- you can use your music library management software if it offers that. I use foobar and iTunes and they both allow you to do that.

For instance, in iTunes, you can either:
      (a) select the tracks you want to edit the artwork for, and copy and paste the artwork into the window at the bottom left of iTunes (click the little arrow pointing up if it's not showing) from (e.g.) http://www.albumart.org/; or

(b) select all the tracks you want to edit, right click and click "Get Info", then confirm you want to edit multiple items, then double-click the artwork area and browse to the folder where the artwork file is located.
      - there're also missing artwork locator utilities if you've got a lot to find and add, but that's a separate question.

There may be other ways that other people can suggest, but those first two are the main two ways I do it.

Hope that helps
      mp3tag is a useful program and can add art to ripped files. Yes, it works on other than mp3 files (flac, etc.)

Comment

Working...

]]>