title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp Music Converter R14.1

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Porcus
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2007

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter R14.1

Originally posted by Porcus
    Possible bug: Log displayed at the end (and written to .log file), last line repeating:

Code:
      AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1)     [Pass 1]
      CRC32: B707C58A     AccurateRip CRC: 097A6BB5     [DiscID: 012-0019f5a7-00fadb40-bc11b40d-1]
      AccurateRip Verified Confidence 1 [CRCv1 97a6bb5]
      AccurateRip Verified Confidence 1 [CRCv1 97a6bb5]
    Should maybe be one entry for CRCv1 and another for CRCv2?

Was for all yes, sorry for late reply. But the version downloaded today (Feb 9th) logs the following:

Code:
      CRC32: 6E1CBDAF     AccurateRip CRC: 5EBEB309 (CRCv2)     [DiscID: 011-001b48a0-00ee3a6d-870f7f0b-3]
      AccurateRip Verified Confidence 3 [CRCv2 5ebeb309]
      AccurateRip Verified Confidence 10 [CRCv1 8e251d18]
      AccurateRip Verified Confidence 3 [CRCv2 5ebeb309]
      AccurateRip Verified Confidence 10 [CRCv1 8e251d18]
    (Notice both lines are repeating.)

And, then it seems not to give "Inaccurate". Next track:

Code:
      Secure (Warning)  [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 3, Re-Rip 10 Frames]
      CRC32: 17CC6AD8     AccurateRip CRC: 00000000     [DiscID: 011-001b48a0-00ee3a6d-870f7f0b-4]
        Re-rip Frame: 111196 (00:06:30,306) matched 10 / 15
        Re-rip Frame: 111210 (00:06:30,493) matched 10 / 28
        Re-rip Frame: 111225 (00:06:30,693) matched 10 / 22
        Re-rip Frame: 111254 (00:06:31,080) matched 10 / 21
        Re-rip Frame: 111269 (00:06:31,280) matched 10 / 19
        Re-rip Frame: 111284 (00:06:31,480) matched 10 / 15
        Re-rip Frame: 111357 (00:06:32,453) matched 10 / 12
        Re-rip Frame: 111371 (00:06:32,640) matched 10 / 15
        Re-rip Frame: 111415 (00:06:33,226) matched 10 / 11
        Re-rip Frame: 111429 (00:06:33,413) matched 10 / 28
    A check with CUETools reveals that this track has 57 AR entries. Nevertheless it reports a null ARCRC and not "Inaccurate".

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
      the '/' is the separator
      Only in Artist and Composer tags. For ArtistSort and ComposerSort tags, the separator appears to be a carriage return. Is this correct?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Updated 18th March 2011

Changes:

If CD Ripper is moved to another desktop then will retain the correct background
        ID3v2: mp3 artistsort, composersort - have to store multiples with '/' not CR
        Batch Converter: Better Network browsing
        Batch Converter: Was possible to drag headers, but should not have been possible
        batch converter works with 'dBpoweramp Batch Convert' and UNC paths
        Explorer ID Tag writer - if cannot write the tags has Retry, Cancel not just OK
        CD Ripper - click art work to review shown art at maximum size
        CD Ripper - album art shown in display without the surrounding case
        CD Ripper - Meta Drop Menu - option to clear metadata
        CD Ripper - 8KB Transfers (C2 Pointers over USB / Firewire) should work now in more instances

Download as per first message. This should be the final update (sans future bug fixes) before full release.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pfeerick
          • May 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
          Updated 18th March 2011
          sans future bug fixes
          Sorry, Spoon, found a bug or two (:cry, both related to the CD Ripper...

Bug 1: When switching from Secure to Burst Ripping, the text for the progress bars showing rip progress for individual tracks stayed at 0% but the progress bars moved. Haven't been able reproduce this again yet...

Bug 2: When ripping to the multi-encode plugin (LAME MP3and FLAC), it makes empty files... screenshot shows results of encoding to flac, the MP3s it was supposed to make on another drive are smaller still (2.5KB), but still empty. It works fine when encoding to the same drives/folders using just the LAME MP3 or FLAC encoders. CD Ripper simply says Encoding for a second after ripping each track.

Running on Windows 7 Professional SP1, latest R14.1 beta.

Keep up the great work,
          -Peter
          Last edited by pfeerick; 03-20-2011, 08:05 AM. Reason: Added more detail to bug report 2

Comment

• dbfan
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Jan 2011

Has multi encoder ever worked for you? Or did r14.1 stop it working?

Comment

• Oliviander
              • Sep 2010

Hi Spoon,
              I have got still the same background problem even with the newest Beta from 18.03.11
              (Running Windows 7 64bit)

And another possible bug

It takes the program exactly 70 seconds to start
              (from the desktop doubleclick until the Window appears)

this is reproducable and always 70 secs on my system
              (that is quite fast, even photoshop 5 starts in 3 seconds !!!)

Oliviander

Originally posted by Oliviander
              Hi Spoon,
              I just installed the new beta and discovered that a problem that I had with all prior versions still exists:

I'm running Windows 7/64bit and have two monitors.
              A small 1024x768 primary screen and a
              large 1920x1200 secondary screen.
              When I start Db poweramp it starts always on the primary screen,
              (no problem with that)
              Then I usually drag it on the secondary screen and maximize it.
              In this case there a three sections in the dbpoweramp window that
              go transparent, which is not a huge problem as long as there are no other windows opened on that screen. But it is still a bug I wanted to report.

The sections are red in the following screenshot (I adjusted the screen background to red that the sections are better recognized)

Comment

• pfeerick
                • May 2008

Originally posted by mrspoonsi
                Has multi encoder ever worked for you? Or did r14.1 stop it working?
                Multi Encoder works outside of the CD Ripper with no problems, but I can't confirm that it hasn't had problems before R14.1 beta, other than the fact that I don't remember it being that slow :-( I'll rip out the R14.1 beta, resurrect R14 reference and get back to you on that one.

Update: Removed R14.1 beta, restarted and re-installed R14 ref version. When ripping to multi-encode, no progress text for individual tracks, progress bar for tracks moves along, but main progress bar moves in jumps (per track) rather than incrementally like with normal encoders. Still no luck with multi-encoder, makes empty files even with only one encoder set. Multi-CPU option doesn't change anything. If I change encoder to FLAC, MP3, etc., then encodes normally again.
                Last edited by pfeerick; 03-21-2011, 06:45 AM. Reason: Updated to provide information re: R14 gold

Comment

• AndersHu
                  • Apr 2008

I also can't get the Multi Encode working with R14.1 Beta (I have previously tried the February and today the March build).

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 74-bit.

I tried to uninstall all dBpoweramp and all of its components, rebooted the PC and installed dMC-R14-Ref-Registered.
                  At this point I made a test rip creating a new profile setting Rip to [Multi Encoder] and adding Wave as the only encoder using default settings, I also disabled all Tag writing. The ripped files play OK.
                  I then installed the dMC-r14.1-beta downloaded today, rebooted the PC and tried to rip using the same setting. All track ends up as 44 byte .wav files.

Comment

• A-Jigga
                    • Mar 2011

I also want to confirm that Multi Encoder was not working for me in the previous 14.1 beta (I haven't tried the new beta posted 3/18). Using the Multi Encoder to encode to FLAC, Lame, or both results in empty files and the encoding phase of the ripping process lasts only a second or so before moving on to the next track. Ripping and encoding to the separate FLAC or Lame encoders work fine, and Multi Encoder works fine with R14 (including using the Multi Encoder R4 beta posted in the beta forum). I am on Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Anders,

I will work with you to track down the multi-encoder issue. After encoding there are no error or information logs? can you enable the debug option in dbpoweramp configuration >> music converter

Then start CD ripper and rip 1 track to the multi-encoder (with only wave as the encoder), then close CD ripper and post the log please.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pfeerick
                        • May 2008

Spoon,

As I also appear to have the same problem, I've also created a debug file using CD Ripper. I've ripped to Multi Encoder ->Wave. I am running the March R14.1 beta again, and also installed the R4 Multi Encoder - have this problem with both R3 and R4

Get this debug log from CD Ripper using MultiEncoder (with a dud wave file)
                        Code:
                        Using SCSI PassThrough  [clCDDA::SetCommunication]
                        ->->  [frmMain::RefreshTrackListing]
                          Quitting Meta Thread: Quit
                          ->->  [clCDDA::ReturnDriveList]
                            Got drive C:\  ** not CD Rom, type: 3  [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
                            Got drive D:\  ** not CD Rom, type: 3  [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
                            Got drive E:\  ** not CD Rom, type: 2  [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
                            Got drive F:\  ** not CD Rom, type: 3  [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
                            Got drive G:\  ** not CD Rom, type: 3  [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
                            Got drive U:\  ** not CD Rom, type: 3  [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
                            Got drive X:\  CD ROM  [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
                            Got drive Y:\  CD ROM  [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
                            Got drive Z:\  CD ROM  [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
                          <-<-  [clCDDA::ReturnDriveList]
                          ->->  [clCDDA::ReadTOC]
                            LBA FirstIndex: 1 last Index: 9
                              Type: Audio Track 1  LBA Address: 0  Length: 00:05:15.066
                              Type: Audio Track 2  LBA Address: 23630  Length: 00:04:09.134
                              Type: Audio Track 3  LBA Address: 42315  Length: 00:03:25.293
                              Type: Audio Track 4  LBA Address: 57712  Length: 00:04:41.773
                              Type: Audio Track 5  LBA Address: 78845  Length: 00:04:51.067
                              Type: Audio Track 6  LBA Address: 100675  Length: 00:04:50.693
                              Type: Audio Track 7  LBA Address: 122477  Length: 00:02:38.840
                              Type: Audio Track 8  LBA Address: 134390  Length: 00:05:51.067
                              Type: Audio Track 9  LBA Address: 160720  Length: 00:05:28.560
                              Type: Lead Out  LBA Address: 185362
                            MSF FirstIndex: 1 last Index: 9
                              Type: Audio Track 1  MSF: 0/2/0  Length: 00:05:15.066
                              Type: Audio Track 2  MSF: 5/17/5  Length: 00:04:09.134
                              Type: Audio Track 3  MSF: 9/26/15  Length: 00:03:25.293
                              Type: Audio Track 4  MSF: 12/51/37  Length: 00:04:41.773
                              Type: Audio Track 5  MSF: 17/33/20  Length: 00:04:51.067
                              Type: Audio Track 6  MSF: 22/24/25  Length: 00:04:50.693
                              Type: Audio Track 7  MSF: 27/15/2  Length: 00:02:38.840
                              Type: Audio Track 8  MSF: 29/53/65  Length: 00:05:51.067
                              Type: Audio Track 9  MSF: 35/44/70  Length: 00:05:28.560
                              Type: Lead Out  MSF: 41/13/37
                          <-<-  [clCDDA::ReadTOC]
                          ->->  [frmMain::GetMeta]
                            ->->  [clMetaData::GetMetaData]
                              ->->  [clMetadBCache::GetMetaData]
                              <-<-  [clMetadBCache::GetMetaData]
                            <-<-  [clMetaData::GetMetaData]
                            ->->  [frmMain::MetaDataGot]
                              Meta Final Pass
                            <-<-  [frmMain::MetaDataGot]
                          <-<-  [frmMain::GetMeta]
                        <-<-  [frmMain::RefreshTrackListing]
                        dBpoweramp Release 14.1 Beta Digital Audio Extraction Log from Tuesday, 22 March 2011 09:50 PM

Drive & Settings
                        ----------------

Ripping with drive 'Y:   [HL-DT-ST - DVDRAM GSA-H62N ]',  Drive offset: 667,  Overread Lead-in/out: No
                        AccurateRip: Active,  Using C2: No,  Cache: 1024 KB,  FUA Cache Invalidate: No
                        Pass 1 Drive Speed: Max,  Pass 2 Drive Speed: Max
                        Bad Sector Re-rip::  Drive Speed: Max,  Maximum Re-reads: 100

Encoder: [Multi Encoder] -enc1="Wave=-compression={mqt}PCM{mqt}" -encMopt1=" -tofolder={mqt}C:\Users\Peter\Desktop{mqt}"
                        DSP Effects / Actions: -dspeffect1="_MultiEncoder="

Extraction Log
                        --------------
                        Ripping Method: Burst
                        ->->  [clRipperBurst::Init]
                          Using SCSI PassThrough  [clCDDA::SetCommunication]
                          ->->  [clCDDA::SetDriveSpeed]
                            Got drive C:\  ** not CD Rom, type: 3  [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
                            Got drive D:\  ** not CD Rom, type: 3  [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
                            Got drive E:\  ** not CD Rom, type: 2  [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
                            Got drive F:\  ** not CD Rom, type: 3  [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
                            Got drive G:\  ** not CD Rom, type: 3  [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
                            Got drive U:\  ** not CD Rom, type: 3  [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
                            Got drive X:\  CD ROM  [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
                            Got drive Y:\  CD ROM  [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
                            Got drive Z:\  CD ROM  [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
                          <-<-  [clCDDA::SetDriveSpeed]
                        <-<-  [clRipperBurst::Init]
                        *** Information: 
                        AccurateRip Verified Using Pressing Offset -407, Confidence 32 [old crc ec9fc7ad]

->->  [clCDDA::Destroy]
                        <-<-  [clCDDA::Destroy]
                        ->->  [clCPUEncoder::WriteAccRipCRCTags]
                          ->->  [cldBCodecHandler::FindDecoder]
                              Checking Decoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\Wave.dll' for extension '.wav'
                        Decodes  [clDecoder::Get]
                            <<< Match, using decoder
                            Using Registry Cached Decoder: C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\Wave.dll
                          <-<-  [cldBCodecHandler::FindDecoder]
                        IDTags  [clDecoder::Set]
                        ->->  [clWaveDecoder::WriteIDTags]
                          ->->  [clRIFFBEXTChunk::TagsToBEXT]
                            Encoding BEXT chunk  [clRIFFBEXTChunk::TagsToBEXT]
                          <-<-  [clRIFFBEXTChunk::TagsToBEXT]
                          Opening file 'C:\Users\Peter\Desktop\Paul McCartney & Wings - Jet.wav' for write access: Opened
                          ->->  [clRIFFHandler::Initialize]
                            clRIFFHandler::CalcAllChunks: Ok
                          <-<-  [clRIFFHandler::Initialize]
                          ->->  [clRIFFHandler::ScanFile]
                              RIFF Header 'RIFF'  Length: 26882  FormType 'WAVE'
                              Got Chunk 'fmt '  Length: 16  RiffSizeLeft: 26870  ChunkPosition: 12
                              Got Chunk 'data'  Length: 0  RiffSizeLeft: 26846  ChunkPosition: 36
                              Got Chunk 'LIST'  Length: 206  RiffSizeLeft: 26838  ChunkPosition: 44
                              Got Chunk 'id3 '  Length: 26624  RiffSizeLeft: 26624  ChunkPosition: 258
                          <-<-  [clRIFFHandler::ScanFile]
                          ->->  [clRIFFLISTChunk::InitFrom]
                            Found Correct INFO ID, decoding LIST chunk:
                          <-<-  [clRIFFLISTChunk::InitFrom]
                          ->->  [clRIFFLISTChunk::TagsToLIST]
                          <-<-  [clRIFFLISTChunk::TagsToLIST]
                          ->->  [clRIFFHandler::WriteChunkHeaders]
                            Writing Chunk Header 'LIST'  Length: 204  ChunkPosition: 44  ChunkDataPos: 52
                            Writing Chunk Header 'id3 '  Length: 26624  ChunkPosition: 256  ChunkDataPos: 264
                          <-<-  [clRIFFHandler::WriteChunkHeaders]
                            Writing Chunk Header 'id3 '  Length: 26624  ChunkPosition: 256  ChunkDataPos: 264
                        <-<-  [clWaveDecoder::WriteIDTags]
                        <-<-  [clCPUEncoder::WriteAccRipCRCTags]

--------------

1 Tracks Ripped Accurately
                        ->->  [clMetaData::SaveMetaData]
                          ->->  [clMetadBCache::SaveMetaData]
                          <-<-  [clMetadBCache::SaveMetaData]
                        <-<-  [clMetaData::SaveMetaData]
                        I get this debug log from the dbPoweramp encoder:
                        Code:
                        Splitting Command Line:Done
                        ->->  [dBCoreConverter::ReaddBCommandFile]
                        <-<-  [dBCoreConverter::ReaddBCommandFile]
                        ->->  [cldBCodecHandler::LoadEncoder]
                          Loading Encoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\[Multi Encoder].DLL'
                        <-<-  [cldBCodecHandler::LoadEncoder]
                        BatchID  [clEncoder::Set]
                        ->->  [dBCoreConverter::StripCoreConverterCmds]
                        <-<-  [dBCoreConverter::StripCoreConverterCmds]
                        SendRawUnCompressed  [clEncoder::Get]
                        Communicate  [clEncoder::Get]
                        ->->  [dBCoreConverter::OpenDecoder]
                          Reading StdIn Tmp File IDTags: Read
                          Using StdInput WFX:Format Tag: 1  Channels: 2  Bits per Sample: 16  Samples Per Second: 44100  Bytes Per Second: 176400  Block Align: 4  CB Size: 0
                        <-<-  [dBCoreConverter::OpenDecoder]
                        SendOverReplayGainTags  [clEncoder::Get]
                        ->->  [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
                          Converting to 'C:\Users\Peter\Desktop\Paul McCartney & Wings - Jet.IGNORE' encoder settings ' -enc1="Wave=-compression={mqt}PCM{mqt}" -encMopt1=" -tofolder={mqt}C:\Users\Peter\Desktop{mqt}"'
                          Encoder 1: Wave, settings '-compression="PCM"', encoder options ' -tofolder="C:\Users\Peter\Desktop"', output filename:C:\Users\Peter\Desktop\Paul McCartney & Wings - Jet.wav
                        <-<-  [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
                        Encoding To: [Multi Encoder]
                        Encoder Cmd Line:  -enc1="Wave=-compression={mqt}PCM{mqt}" -encMopt1=" -tofolder={mqt}C:\Users\Peter\Desktop{mqt}"
                        DSP Effects:
                            _MultiEncoder (non-live): 

============= CONVERSION BEGIN =============
                        ============= CONVERSION END =============
                        ->->  [dBCoreConverter::CloseDecoder]
                          <-<-  [dBCoreConverter::CloseDecoder]
                        ->->  [clEncoder::EndConversion]
                        <-<-  [clEncoder::EndConversion]
                          Multi-FileNames Reported Back to CoreConverter:
                          C:\Users\Peter\Desktop\Paul McCartney & Wings - Jet.wav

I don't know if these are of use to you, but below are logs for two encodes (not rips) - one to a multi-encode -> wave and another just to the wave encoder.

Encode to Wave:

Code:
                            Checking Decoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\FLAC.dll' for extension '.flac'
                          <<< Match, using decoder
                          Using Registry Cached Decoder: C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\FLAC.dll
                        BatchID  [clDecoder::Set]
                          Loading Encoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\Wave.DLL'
                        Communicate  [clDecoder::Get]
                        NeedHQAudio  [clEncoder::Get]
                        ->->  [clDecoder::Open]
                          Opening file 'G:\Music Library\Billy Joel\Greatest Hits\1.09. Movin' Out (Anthony's Song).flac' for read access: Opened
                          Init FLAC: 
                          Reading Meta Data: 
                           contained 14 tags:
                        			added_timestamp: 128709487359843750
                        			ALBUM: Greatest Hits
                        			ARTIST: Billy Joel
                        			Disc: 1/2
                        			first_played_timestamp: 128709492034062500
                        			GENRE: classic rock
                        rock
                        pop
                        piano
                        			last_played_timestamp: 128821506255312500
                        			play_count: 13
                        			TITLE: Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)
                        			Track: 09/11
                        			replaygain_album_gain: -1.08 dB
                        			replaygain_album_peak: 0.984100
                        			replaygain_track_gain: -2.65 dB
                        			replaygain_track_peak: 0.984100
                          ->->  [clDecoder::ReadIDTags]
                          <-<-  [clDecoder::ReadIDTags]
                          ->->  [clDecoder::FillAudioProps]
                        	Encoder: FLAC reference libFLAC 1.2.1 20070917
                        	Sample Count: 9,187,500
                        	ID Tag: Vorbis Comments
                        	Contains: CRC, ReplayGain, ID Tag [Vorbis Comments]
                          <-<-  [clDecoder::FillAudioProps]
                          ->->  [clDecoder::FillAudioInfo]
                            Uncompressed WFX (sent to db): Format Tag: 1  Channels: 2  Bits per Sample: 16  Samples Per Second: 44100  Bytes Per Second: 176400  Block Align: 4  CB Size: 0
                            Audio Length: 208333 mili-seconds  21102596 bytes  1411 kbps
                          <-<-  [clDecoder::FillAudioInfo]
                          Creating Decode Buffers: Created
                        <-<-  [clDecoder::Open]
                          Converting to 'C:\Users\Peter\Desktop\1.09. Movin' Out (Anthony's Song).wav' encoder settings ' -compression="PCM"'
                          Wave output WaveFormat: Format Tag: 1  Channels: 2  Bits per Sample: 16  Samples Per Second: 44100  Bytes Per Second: 176400  Block Align: 4  CB Size: 0
                          ->->  [clRIFFHandler::InitializeNewWAV]
                            ->-> Adding Chunk 'fmt ' Length: 16  [clRIFFHandler::AddChunk]
                            <-<-  [clRIFFHandler::AddChunk]
                            ->-> Adding Chunk 'data' Length: 0  [clRIFFHandler::AddChunk]
                            <-<-  [clRIFFHandler::AddChunk]
                              Writing Chunk Header 'fmt '  Length: 16  ChunkPosition: 12  ChunkDataPos: 20
                              Writing Chunk Header 'data'  Length: 0  ChunkPosition: 36  ChunkDataPos: 44
                            <-<- Exit as only write to data chunk  [clRIFFHandler::WriteChunkHeaders]
                            Writing Chunk Data 'fmt '  Length: 16  ChunkPosition: 12  ChunkDataPos: 20
                          <-<-  [clRIFFHandler::InitializeNewWAV]
                        Encoding To: Wave
                        Encoder Cmd Line:  -compression="PCM"
                        ->->  [clDecoder::Close]
                        <-<-  [clDecoder::Close]
                            Writing Chunk Header 'data'  Length: 36750000  ChunkPosition: 36  ChunkDataPos: 44
                          ->->  [dBCoreConverter::IDTagWriter]
                                Checking Decoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\Wave.dll' for extension '.wav'
                              <<< Match, using decoder
                              Using Registry Cached Decoder: C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\Wave.dll
                        IDTags  [clDecoder::Set]
                        ->->  [clWaveDecoder::WriteIDTags]
                          ->->  [clRIFFBEXTChunk::TagsToBEXT]
                            Encoding BEXT chunk  [clRIFFBEXTChunk::TagsToBEXT]
                          <-<-  [clRIFFBEXTChunk::TagsToBEXT]
                          Opening file 'C:\Users\Peter\Desktop\1.09. Movin' Out (Anthony's Song).wav' for write access: Opened
                          ->->  [clRIFFHandler::Initialize]
                          <-<-  [clRIFFHandler::Initialize]
                          ->->  [clRIFFHandler::ScanFile]
                              RIFF Header 'RIFF'  Length: 36750036  FormType 'WAVE'
                              Got Chunk 'fmt '  Length: 16  RiffSizeLeft: 36750024  ChunkPosition: 12
                              Got Chunk 'data'  Length: 36750000  RiffSizeLeft: 36750000  ChunkPosition: 36
                          <-<-  [clRIFFHandler::ScanFile]
                          ->->  [clRIFFLISTChunk::TagsToLIST]
                          <-<-  [clRIFFLISTChunk::TagsToLIST]
                            Writing Chunk Header 'LIST'  Length: 132  ChunkPosition: 36750044  ChunkDataPos: 36750052
                            Writing Chunk Header 'id3 '  Length: 2048  ChunkPosition: 36750184  ChunkDataPos: 36750192
                        <-<-  [clWaveDecoder::WriteIDTags]
                          <-<-  [dBCoreConverter::IDTagWriter]
                          Conversion completed in 733 mili-seconds x284 realtime encoding

Encode to Multi-Encoder -> Wave
                        Code:
                            Checking Decoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\FLAC.dll' for extension '.flac'
                          <<< Match, using decoder
                          Using Registry Cached Decoder: C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\FLAC.dll
                          Loading Encoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\[Multi Encoder].DLL'
                          Opening file 'G:\Music Library\Billy Joel\Greatest Hits\1.09. Movin' Out (Anthony's Song).flac' for read access: Opened
                          Init FLAC: 
                          Reading Meta Data: 
                           contained 14 tags:
                        			added_timestamp: 128709487359843750
                        			ALBUM: Greatest Hits
                        			ARTIST: Billy Joel
                        			Disc: 1/2
                        			first_played_timestamp: 128709492034062500
                        			GENRE: classic rock
                        rock
                        pop
                        piano
                        			last_played_timestamp: 128821506255312500
                        			play_count: 13
                        			TITLE: Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)
                        			Track: 09/11
                        			replaygain_album_gain: -1.08 dB
                        			replaygain_album_peak: 0.984100
                        			replaygain_track_gain: -2.65 dB
                        			replaygain_track_peak: 0.984100
                        	Encoder: FLAC reference libFLAC 1.2.1 20070917
                        	ID Tag: Vorbis Comments
                        	Contains: CRC, ReplayGain, ID Tag [Vorbis Comments]
                            Uncompressed WFX (sent to db): Format Tag: 1  Channels: 2  Bits per Sample: 16  Samples Per Second: 44100  Bytes Per Second: 176400  Block Align: 4  CB Size: 0
                            Audio Length: 208333 mili-seconds  21102596 bytes  1411 kbps
                          Creating Decode Buffers: Created
                          Converting to 'G:\Music Library\Billy Joel\Greatest Hits\1.09. Movin' Out (Anthony's Song).IGNORE' encoder settings ' -enc1="Wave=-compression={mqt}PCM{mqt}" -encMopt1=" -tofolder={mqt}C:\Users\Peter\Desktop{mqt}"'
                          Encoder 1: Wave, settings '-compression="PCM"', encoder options ' -tofolder="C:\Users\Peter\Desktop"', output filename:C:\Users\Peter\Desktop\1.09. Movin' Out (Anthony's Song).wav
                        Encoder Cmd Line:  -enc1="Wave=-compression={mqt}PCM{mqt}" -encMopt1=" -tofolder={mqt}C:\Users\Peter\Desktop{mqt}"
                        DSP Effects:

C:\Users\Peter\Desktop\1.09. Movin' Out (Anthony's Song).wav

Hope this of some use, and I'm willing to run any test / debug code you want to try and get to the root of this problem.

-Pete

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

I cannot reproduce this fault currently...It is difficult to say if it is a change in CD ripper or R4 of the multi-encoder, I suspect the latter, so to find out:

Open Windows Explorer and browse to:

%programfiles%\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder

Then delete the file '[Multi Encoder].dll'

Visit http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-utility.htm

and install R3 of the multi-encoder. Then try your test again from CD Ripper.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• AndersHu
                            • Apr 2008

I have done some more testing on this problem, and it looks like the problem is in the [Multi Encoder].dll version 4.0.0.2 from the dMC-r14.1-beta.exe installation.
                            If I delete [Multi Encoder].dll and install dBpoweramp-Codec-[Multi-Encoder].exe R4 from the beta tread (dll version 4.0.0.0) the rip is fine.

[Multi Encoder].dll 4.0.0.2:
                            Code:
                              Loading Encoder 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\[Multi Encoder].DLL'
                              Using StdInput WFX:Format Tag: 1  Channels: 2  Bits per Sample: 16  Samples Per Second: 44100  Bytes Per Second: 176400  Block Align: 4  CB Size: 0
                              Converting to 'C:\Users\Anders\Music\Coldplay\Parachutes\01 Coldplay - Don't Panic.IGNORE' encoder settings ' -enc1="Wave=-compression={mqt}PCM{mqt}" -nomulti'
                              Encoder 1: Wave, settings '-compression="PCM"', encoder options '', output filename:C:\Users\Anders\Music\Coldplay\Parachutes\01 Coldplay - Don't Panic.wav
                            Encoder Cmd Line:  -enc1="Wave=-compression={mqt}PCM{mqt}" -nomulti
                            DSP Effects:

C:\Users\Anders\Music\Coldplay\Parachutes\01 Coldplay - Don't Panic.wav

[Multi Encoder].dll 4.0.0.0:
                            Code:
                              Loading Encoder 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\[Multi Encoder].DLL'
                              Converting to 'C:\Users\Anders\Music\Coldplay\Parachutes\01 Coldplay - Don't Panic.IGNORE' encoder settings ' -enc1="Wave=-compression={mqt}PCM{mqt}" -nomulti'
                              Encoder 1: Wave, settings '-compression="PCM"', encoder options '', output filename:C:\Users\Anders\Music\Coldplay\Parachutes\01 Coldplay - Don't Panic.wav
                            Encoder Cmd Line:  -enc1="Wave=-compression={mqt}PCM{mqt}" -nomulti
                              C:\Users\Anders\Music\Coldplay\Parachutes\01 Coldplay - Don't Panic.wav

Conversion completed in 18,3 seconds x7,5 realtime encoding
                            The line "Conversion completed in 18,3 seconds x7,5 realtime encoding" is missing and a new part is there
                            Code:
                            DSP Effects:
                            Anders

Comment

• pfeerick
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by AndersHu
                              it looks like the problem is in the [Multi Encoder].dll version 4.0.0.2 from the dMC-r14.1-beta.exe installation.
                              I can independently confirm this. I had no problems when I deleted the MultiEncoder dll and installed R3 (3.0.0.4) and R4 beta (4.0.0.0), but when I restored the R14.1 beta version of MultiEncoder (4.0.0.2), I had dud files... and multi-encoder being reported as a DSP Effect, as well as no progress whilst encoding.

Rolling back to 4.0.0.0 also fixed the lack of track rip progress issue I was having too...

From R4 beta (4.0.0.0) of multi-encoder
                              Code:
                                  Checking Decoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\mp3.dll' for extension '.mp3'
                                <<< Match, using decoder
                                Using Registry Cached Decoder: C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\mp3.dll
                                Opening file 'D:\Music\Billy Joel\Greatest Hits\1.09. Movin' Out (Anthony's Song).mp3' for read access: Opened
                                  Reading Tag: APE contained 0 tags:
                                  Reading Tag: ID3v2 contained 0 tags:
                                  Reading Tag: ID3v1 contained 0 tags:
                                ->->  [clsmpeg123::Init]
                                  mpeg data stream begins at byte position: 2048
                                <-<-  [clsmpeg123::Init]
                                ->->  [clDecoder::ReadIDTagsFromMpeg123DecoderMemory]
                                   contained 0 tags:
                                <-<-  [clDecoder::ReadIDTagsFromMpeg123DecoderMemory]
                              	Audio Quality: Very High  (Lossy)
                              	Encoder: LAME 3.98r
                              	Encoder Settings: Variable Bit Rate  -V 2  (Standard)
                              	Channel Mapping: Left, Right
                              	Channel Coupling: Joint-Stereo  (Mid Side)
                              	MPEG Version: MPEG 1 Layer III
                              	MPEG Technical: Header: Lame [delay: 576 padding: 1428]   Bits: Original
                              	Gapless: Yes
                                  Audio Length: 208333 mili-seconds  5194899 bytes  199 kbps
                                Creating Decode Buffer: Created
                                Converting to 'D:\Music\Billy Joel\Greatest Hits\1.09. Movin' Out (Anthony's Song).IGNORE' encoder settings ' -enc1="Wave=-compression={mqt}PCM{mqt}" -encMopt1=" -tofolder={mqt}C:\Users\Peter\Desktop{mqt}"'
                                Encoder 1: Wave, settings '-compression="PCM"', encoder options ' -tofolder="C:\Users\Peter\Desktop"', output filename:C:\Users\Peter\Desktop\1.09. Movin' Out (Anthony's Song).wav

Conversion completed in 1.4 seconds x148 realtime encoding
                              From the R14.1 version of multiencoder (4.0.0.2)
                              Code:
                                  Checking Decoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\mp3.dll' for extension '.mp3'
                                <<< Match, using decoder
                                Using Registry Cached Decoder: C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\mp3.dll
                                Opening file 'D:\Music\Billy Joel\Greatest Hits\1.09. Movin' Out (Anthony's Song).mp3' for read access: Opened
                                   contained 0 tags:
                                Converting to 'D:\Music\Billy Joel\Greatest Hits\1.09. Movin' Out (Anthony's Song).IGNORE' encoder settings ' -enc1="Wave=-compression={mqt}PCM{mqt}" -encMopt1=" -tofolder={mqt}C:\Users\Peter\Desktop{mqt}"'
                              DSP Effects:

And just FYI, after installed R3 (3.0.0.4) as you asked:
                              Code:
                                <<< Match, using decoder
                                   contained 0 tags:

Conversion completed in 11.4 seconds x18 realtime encoding
                              Last edited by pfeerick; 03-23-2011, 06:47 AM. Reason: Added note re: results of testing the cd ripper with v4000

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

Update

I think I have tracked the issue down, a missing MultiEncoder DSP dll (missing from the beta install), I have reissued the install, please redownload as per the first message.
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>