title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WMA tags gone!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Abk
    • Dec 2010

WMA tags gone!

Hi!

I just noticed something very strange. I was about to re-tag som files, and all of my wma-files come up with "no tags". All mp3's however works fine.

This is strange, since I've used dB for years, and this is the first time it has happened! I removed it from my computer, and re-installed it, but still have that problem.

Any help? :(
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: WMA tags gone!

dBpoweramp would not touch any WMA files unless you asked it to (by manually tagging a specific file), it is likely that if the files had ID tags, they still do.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Abk
      • Dec 2010

Thank you for the response.

The way I've always done it is that I click the wma (or mp3 for that matter) file in question, right-click and choose "Edit ID-tag". That still works with mp3, but one day to another, all wma tags were gone.

And, if I try to tag them now, they don't register - they are just simply left blank.

I've tried to uninstall the program, but that didn't solve matters :(

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You would potentially have to install dBpoweramp WMA codec again.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• niggyniggnigg
          • Jan 2011

i have this same issue. very odd. i love dbpoweramp and have been using it faithfully for a few years now, but the other day, when i hovered over a wma file, the popup will not display.

further, when i click on properties on the file, the summary for is competely blank and denotes nothing but that the file is in wma format.

the file plays fine in both wmp and media monkey and all the tags inside the program still exist.

the only real issue here is that dbpoweramp appears to not know how to handle the file and will not convert it, even with the wma codec installed.

any advice here?

i really dread the thought of re-upping my 1000 discs to mp3 format.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

What does dBpoweramp say if you try to convert the file?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>