title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ID Tags with CD Writer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hretif
    • Oct 2010

ID Tags with CD Writer

I am evaluating all the dbpoweramp tools and after ripping (flac) succesfully some of my CDs, I would like to test CD writer.

My purpose is to pick some tracks and put them on a CD (compilation) to play in my car. The test I have done ist to use foobar to select the tracks and then I have dragged them in CD Writer.

To this point, all works perfectly. But after burning the CD, all track information (artist, title, etc) were no more available, although I have done a lot of efforts to get them in the flac file.

Do I use the right method or do I do someting wrong? Perhaps a documentation somewhere?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: ID Tags with CD Writer

but aren't you creating audio files when you burn them back to CD (rather than just copies of FLAC or mp3 files). Audio files on your CDs don't have tags with artist, title, album info. If your car will play flac (not likely) you can just copy flac files to CD. If not, just create mp3 from the FLAC and put these on disk. Many car cd players will play mp3 discs.

Comment

• hretif
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by garym
      but aren't you creating audio files when you burn them back to CD.
      yes, I do or more exactly CD writer does. These are cda files

Audio files on your CDs don't have tags with artist, title, album info..
      It seems then that I have more to learn... It means that Information on the original CD are stored separatly (?)

If your car will play flac (not likely) you can just copy flac files to CD. If not, just create mp3 from the FLAC and put these on disk. Many car cd players will play mp3 discs.
      I should try but as my car is not the newest model (2001, CD changer 6 CDs), I am not sure that it can play mp3

Thus, if I resume, I have no way to have track information on the CD if I burn it myself?

Comment

• Wayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Aug 2002

To display track/album information when playing an audio CD (cda) disc it has to have CD-Text information present on it. Unfortunately CD Writer doesn't support the writing of CD-Text.

To burn an Audio CD with CD-Text you'll need to look elsewhere.

Comment

Working...

]]>