title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Request to Make dBpowerAMP Work Under User Accounts

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tig
    • Jan 2010

Request to Make dBpowerAMP Work Under User Accounts

I would like to add to the wish list a feature that dBpoweramp and DMC could support which is saving it's configuration for each user account in the future. Rather than needing to run as an administrator. I often use a standard user account in Vista as my usual working account (for security reasons) and would like to be able to save config to the user account.

Even if I change tagging options such as MP3 ID3 v2.2 ANSI in dBpoweramp advanced config (which needs to run as admin), it saves the config for the admin account, not the current user account, so other than changing the user account to an admin account, changing the settings, then changing the account back to a user account (which is not preferred), I'd like to make (and in fact renew) this suggestion that was requested back in 2005 to allow dBpoweramp to save settings to user accounts. Thanks!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Request to Make dBpowerAMP Work Under User Accounts

The configuration program has to elevate to configure the shell extensions, if we made it not elevate these would not install.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>