title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Don't Keep *Any* Path

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kleinfelter
    • Feb 2003

Don't Keep *Any* Path

When I clear the "Keep Path" in dMC File Selector, it keeps less path, but it still keeps some of the path. I'd like to see an option for keeping none of the path.

Here's why this would be useful:

I've got all of my files stored in lossless format (APE), but my networked audio player (Audiotron) doesn't play APE. My source files are stored as \Music\<original-medium-type>\Artist\Album\<trackname>.

Setting/clearing "Keep Path" seems to control whether or not \Music is part of the target path, but I still get the rest of the file structure. I want to be able to put all 10,000 of the converted files into *one* target directory, with no subdirectories.

Normally, I love hierarchical organization. However, the Audiotron can handle more files if the pathnames are shorter.

TIA
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

On the Next page after clicking Convert To - select its output as 'To Folder' rather than 'Same as Origional'
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kleinfelter
      • Feb 2003

Oops! On further examination, it appears that it simply works. I must have failed to clear the Keep Path checkbox when I thought I had cleared it. Sorry for wasting bandwidth. ;-)

Comment

Working...

]]>