title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

hardware recomendation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmw01
    • Sep 2010

hardware recomendation

I have a large library that I have to re-rip (I hate lightning). I'm looking for something a bit more bulk oriented than 1 by 1. I would still like to rip with accrurate rip and flac if at all possible, but lossless is required. I have dbpoweramp reference already.

I'd like to not spend a few thousand US, too.

I have enough storage space that I do not want to leave the CDs in there and I don't mind refilling the unit several times to rip about 1,000 CDs either.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks!!
    Last edited by dmw01; 09-11-2010, 08:48 PM. Reason: typo
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: hardware recomendation

For 1000 CDs you could get away with a single drive, or 2 drives if you want to speed it up. Any of the new Primera range would do.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dmw01
      • Sep 2010

That's what has me confused. It seems that most of these are designed to write disks more than read them. I don't want to write or print anything.

One drive is certainly fine - I'm not to particular on how long it takes, it is mainly the thought of switching a disk every minute or so for the next several months that has me down.

So were you referring to the "bravo" line?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

A bravo SE is the entry (printing and writing can be ignored, consider it a bonus if you need to write any discs with labels), takes 25 discs which is good for about 2 hours of ripping between reload.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dmw01
          • Sep 2010

Thanks!! Really new to this kind of device and this will certainly help get me started.

I'm also seeing a lot of Bravo and Bravo II units used on ebay. With the kiosk attachment for another $40 these seem like a pretty good option for my limited use case of only ripping. Please let me know if this is a bad idea and I've overlooked something.
          Last edited by dmw01; 09-12-2010, 01:01 PM. Reason: added more info.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Not a bad idea, you might have to replace the dvd drive, but they are cheap.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dmw01
              • Sep 2010

In case someone else reads this - the bravo (one) is NOT supported, apparently. At least that is what another thread has stated. Too bad that thread didn't exist when I asked this - would have saved me some cash.

Comment

Working...

]]>