title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Car Stereo Can't Find End of CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snickstx
    • Aug 2010

Car Stereo Can't Find End of CD

I've burned a few cds with dCW, all come out great but I have a weird problem.

My OEM (Visteon) CD changer can't find the end of the cd. It is a 6 disc shotgun load in dash unit. When the deck reaches the end of the last track it just searches. Sometimes it will jump back a few seconds and play to the end again, just to get stuck. It should be skipping to the next cd or restarting if there are no others.

I've used different cds burned on different computers. Source files vary, MP3, FLAC & WAV. Tried in multiple Visteon changers. Rest of the cd is fine, tracks properly and sounds great. Old burnt cds & pressed cds work just fine. KMPlayer sees end of cd properly but the car stereo won't.

Anyone ever seen anything like this?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Car Stereo Can't Find End of CD

The discs are 72 minute or 80 minute?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• snickstx
      • Aug 2010

80mins, Memorex 52x 700mb to be exact. Burned at 10x (slowest I could go) gapless.

My older stuff is on the same media, different lots, but same specs. I can't even remember what software I used back then.

My latest burn started as WAV 44.1k, processes via Audacity into WAV 44.1k.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You can try ripping in Gapless (which is a different method of ripping), or try 72min CDs.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• snickstx
          • Aug 2010

I usually don't have control of the source files but I will try the 72 min cds and post back.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Sorry my post was muddled, I meant write a gapless CD, not rip (sorry for the confusion).
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>