title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding Codec's??

Unhappy Adding Codec's??

I am so much in need to add thrid party codecs to an app.
    Is there a way to do this with this app?
    The 3rd part codecs is from Verint - I360 - they are wav files but when I try to convert I get:
    Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\TEST\200100004743131.wav' to 'C:\TEST\mp3\200100004743131.mp3'
    Error Cannot Create Wave Decoder (Unknown ACM ID: 41220 (ACM decoder not installed))? [clWaveDecoder::PrepareToDecodeAudio]

I have the dll's and tried doing the simple copy into the directory where the encoders and decoders are but to no avail.
    Help :(

Administrator

Re: Adding Codec's??

You would have to install the ACM codec into windows (for that audio type), so that any wave capable program can decode.

Unhappy Re: Adding Codec's??

The codecs are installed in windows. Windows media player can play the file without a problem. It is any other app that cannot see it.
    Any thoughts?

Administrator

WMP might not be using the system wide ACM decoder.

ok so what does this mean for dMC?
    --
    again the codecs are installed where WMP can play the audio file.

Administrator

You would have to try another program such as Audacity, if the ACM codecs are on the system it would be able to load that file.

wow, never thought I would see someone who represents a software app suggest another app.
    Audacity did not work either.. tried them way before I found dBpoweramp.
    Can I not give someone the dll's and they create a package for the dBpoweramp?
    It would only add to the offering..

I would like to purcahse this app, however cannot justify the cost if it does not work for us, this is why I am asking if the dll's can be installed via a package from you guys..
    thanks..

Administrator

My point was ACM are system wide codecs, there is nothing I can give you to install as they are specific to what ever created those files.

not even if I provide the dll's from the vendor?
    If not (and I know this is beyond your scope) but can you give me a link on how to get audacity to recognize the codecs?
    I have searched and searched..
    You guys where the only ones I have found that can add codecs to the app simply, without having to re-compile the app.

Administrator

With wave (audacity or dbpoweramp) the programs automatically recognize all system installed ACM codecs. You will have to do some research on wave ACM codecs.

this is what I thought as well and that is the oddity that I am seeing.
    Windows media player did not play the files and gave an error. When I installed the codecs from the vendor windows media was able top play the files.
    If these apps are taking the resident codecs installed (or system wide) then why do they not find these that I installed?
    namely dBPower?

Administrator

You might have installed a directshow codec for Windows media player, which is not ACM.

Well again I know this may be beyond your scope and do appreciate ALL of the help, but is there a way to find out if that is indeed the case or not? because if so then my continued effort would be a waste of time..
    Using dBpoweramp can I find that out? or is there some other utility that would tell me this?

Also BTW keep in mind th codecs came from the vendor. (Verint).
    the audio files are recordings of phone conversations in the corporate structure.