title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem with R14Beta / Accuraterip ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fortune
    • May 2010

Problem with R14Beta / Accuraterip ?

I used the current R13 release to rip a CD and got the following result:

This seems to indicate that my rip was a different pressing to the 7 existing rips in Accuraterip. I wasn't suprised at this as the CD was UK limited edition with bonus DVD disk and I know there is a standard single pressing CD available. I checked all the ripped files and they play fine - which, again, seemed to make sense as the rip status was "Secure" for all tracks.

I then read that the latest R14 beta has new features for handling different pressings so I downloaded it to give it a try. This was the result:

This looked alot more promising....but was surprised to see it matched all 7.
    However, on checking the actual files created I found the following:

As might be expected the files don't play. Looking at the contents it looks like they contain just the metadata and no audio data.

Is this a beta bug ? Or am i doing some wrong ?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problem with R14Beta / Accuraterip ?

The not encoding the files has nothing really to do with AccurateRip verification (or should not), try ripping to wave, are complete files created (as a test).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Fortune
      • May 2010

Hi Spoon,

I've just tried ripping to uncompressed wave and get the same results. See below-

With latest R13:

With R14 beta:

Couple of questions / observations:

1) You said its probably not an AccurateRip issue but doesnt the differing responses from Accuraterip for each version look odd/wrong? Shouldn't the number of matches change? ie. In R13 it would say 7....but in R14Beta it should have a different number to 7 ? If it is trying to match to a different pressing?

2) Just to confirm this is the only disc i have had an issue with. I have tried both versions with other discs without this problem.

3) Its reproduceable each time with this disc. ie Always rips the same way in each version with same CRC's. I dont change anything other than the too close down R13 and then startup R14beta. ie. same drive etc.
      I also configured the two versions with the same options - at least pretty sure i did. Will double check them.

Anything else I can check or try ?

Cheers.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

1) No, it has used the pressing which was shown as x AR(7) previously
        2) It is not creating the files for that one disc only (in R14), or other discs in R14?

It sounds like R14 does not have the right coreconverter installed, try deleting:

coreconverter.exe from \dbpoweramp then reinstall R14 beta.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Fortune
          • May 2010

Hi Spoon,

Have resolved it...i think...but not 100% sure of the cause.

Firstly, I totally uninstalled BOTH R13 and R14 beta and then re-downloaded and re-installed just R14Beta.

Same problem at this point.
          I tried another CD...same problem.

I then checked the settings/setup. I had installed (from the first time - and it was still there) the Replaygain DSP. It was the only DSP i had enabled so i removed it.

This solved it. Ripped to wav ok and also flac.
          I then re-installed the replaygain DSP...and it now still works fine.

I havent yet re-installed R13 but from the above i think somewhere along the line there must have been an issue from having both R13 and R14beta installed at the same time with replaygain dsp...or else the order i did things...

The steps I followed initially were:
          1) Install R13
          2) Install DSP Effect Install
          3) Enable ReplayGain DSP in R13
          4) Install R14Beta

The ReplayGain DSP was already visible in R14beta whjen i started it without seperate re-install/re-add....but maybe thats the problem ie. it wasnt installed FOR R14Beta? Should I have re-installed it perhaps...even though it was already visible?

Does DBPoweramp cache its settings in other places than the install directories....as several do seem to carry through...even after uninstall and re-install ? In looking i did also notice some directories down in the "Documents and Settings" (AccurateRip and dbpoweramp) which had some files in them after uninstall.

I must admit, thats one thing that does bug me about alot of software...an uninstall should do exactly that...ie remove EVERYTHING it has installed! But thats just my view

Anyway...i think this is probably not a problem that warrents much further investigation.

Finally, as a new forum member and new user I'd like to thank you for your quick replies and help.

Cheers.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

There are settings in the registry and %appdata%, we have an app to clear everything, but is only needed occasionally:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Fortune
              • May 2010

Spoon,

Thanks for the clarification and link - very useful.

From that thread:
              "Application data and registry entries are left behind, many people uninstall old versions before installing new, wiping their preferences would not go down too well"

I do take this point and agree that its a pain to have to go through all the settings again if you are doing an upgrade etc.
              Having an seperate app to clear everything is useful. My only suggestion would be to have this as an option on uninstall - "ie. Remove ALL settings" and have this unchecked by default but clearly visible. Thus giving people the choice at un-install time.

Of course, even more ideal would be an option to save/reload settings to/from a single config file which could then saved off somewhere to preserve settings.
              In this case, everything can be cleanly deleted but also settings can be restored easily.

Not meaning to sound negative - I'm finding dbpoweramp to be a great piece of software ...and like all software I understand there is always a wishlist and priority

Cheers.

Comment

Working...

]]>