title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Is dMC R13.4 (un)reliable?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • weezbux
    • Apr 2010

Is dMC R13.4 (un)reliable?

Hi

My first time using dMC and it did something weird when ripping a CD, ofcourse it could perhaps just be me not doing things right. Just out curiosity i'm posting this to hear what might be the cause... if someone has something to say about it or something i can do to double check the reliability of dMC on the system i used. The weird stuff happened with the 3rd CD i tried to ripped.

System info:
    HP Pavillion dv9000 with a Pioneer - DVDRW DVR-K17B

Drive info from dMC:
    Accurate stream YES
    C2 error pointers NO
    Reads ISRC YES
    Reads UPC YES

Rip settings:
    Rip method was set to secure | mp3 LAME | 320 kbps (CBR) | Sample rate 44.1 KHz | Encoding: Slow (High Quality), only checked "original"

dMC was closed and restarted in between each rip.

Procedure:
    RIP1: Ripped CD1 in dual stereo (no errors) - deleted it again, don't why i ripped in dual stereo
    RIP2: Ripped CD1 in stereo (no errors)
    RIP3: Ripped CD1 in joint stereo (no errors)

RIP4: Ripped CD2 in stereo (no errors)
    RIP5: Ripped CD2 in joint stereo (no errors)

RIP6: Ripped CD3 in joint stereo (lots of errors - more than half the tracks had errors - could not be fixed with rerips)
    RIP7: Ripped CD3 in joint stereo 2nd attempt (lots of errors - more than half the tracks had errors - could not be fixed with rerips)
    RIP8: Ripped CD3 in stereo (no errors)
    RIP9: Ripped CD3 in joint stereo (no errors)

RIP10: Ripped CD4 in joint stereo (only got one green i)
    RIP11: Ripped CD4 in stereo (no errors)
    RIP12: Ripped CD4 in joint stereo (no errors)

This is weird... seems that ripping the CD in stereo removed/corrected the errors(?) and i can't help wondering if CD1 and 2 would have had errors too if i tried ripping them in joint stereo first (CD2 and 3 is from the same album so it doesn't have to do with copy protection). And i can't help wondering how reliable dMC really is. I don't know much about ripping CDs but when it comes to reliability i don't like what i've experienced here but it could very well be me doing something wrong or simply don't understand anything about the app and ripping a CD.

I ripped them in both stereo and joint stereo to figure out if i can hear the difference (just to see).

Kind regards
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Is dMC R13.4 (un)reliable?

The encoding would not effect the ripping, unless your drive had gone into PIO mode:

Q. My CD drive is ripping very slowly? A. Try ripping to Test Conversion (set to no speed limit), this rules out a slow encoder, an average CD drive might start at x10 and get to x25 for the last CD track (the x speed can be seen on the tool bar whilst ripping). If the speed is obviously slow, around x2 and your computer seems
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>