title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP v3 Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ServerBaboon
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Sep 2009

Re: Asset UPnP v3 Discussions

Downloaded Beta again. Deleted the asset folder as per instructions and deleted the WMP12 folders. Now seems to work, maybe I got confused in the betas:o

Sony Bravia also works too

Comment

• petes
      • Oct 2009

Yep - I can confirm that the latest build seems to fix both of the WMP12 issues - database constantly rebuild, and multiple listing of tracks :-)

Comment

• demolition23
        • Mar 2010

Still having the "Unknown Conductor" issue.. All control points (PP, SB iPod, SB Mac, Chorus Mac, Kinsky DT).

Latest version, deleted the folders specified.
        Now shows Song Title - Unknown Conductor - Year - Album Name.

Is this just my environment?
        Thanks

Comment

• audiokaas
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jan 2010

Maybe this is for the wishlist?

I see no folder art for the container headers.
          Real nice would be if the container header of say the rolling stones would show their picture, likewise for the composer tag Beethoven etc genre, soloist, instrument.
          Seems easy if there was an art directory that would hold "rolling stones.jpg", "Beethoven.jpg", "drum.jpg" etc files.

It would look fabulous on the bigger controlpoints like netbooks and tablets...

2c

Lex

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Demolition if you browse the Conductor tree in Asset do you see the items correctly listed?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• demolition23
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
              Demolition if you browse the Conductor tree in Asset do you see the items correctly listed?
              Hi Spoon,

I have nothing written in the conductor tag.. but, when I go down the Conductor Tree, it shows "Unknown Conductor", then loads every single song in the library. So I believe it is working as it should.

Since my last post was a bit cryptic, my problem is that "Unknown Conductor" or the content of the Conductor Tag shows up where I believe the Artist Tag should.

So, I thought it should be :
              Song Title - Artist - Year - Album Name
              Instead of what is showing now :
              Song Title - Unknown Conductor - Year - Album Name.

Thanks

Comment

• Dave26q
                • May 2010

Originally posted by demolition23
                Hi Spoon,

I have nothing written in the conductor tag.. but, when I go down the Conductor Tree, it shows "Unknown Conductor", then loads every single song in the library. So I believe it is working as it should.

Since my last post was a bit cryptic, my problem is that "Unknown Conductor" or the content of the Conductor Tag shows up where I believe the Artist Tag should.

So, I thought it should be :
                Song Title - Artist - Year - Album Name
                Instead of what is showing now :
                Song Title - Unknown Conductor - Year - Album Name.

Thanks
                Spoon,

I still have the "Unknown Conductor" issue, however it appears to be resolved in KDT (3.3.6). It appears to be related to Songbook (3.02 and previous). The individual library tracks in Songbook carry the conductor tag instead of the artist. This carries over to playlist when the track is placed there. KDT will display "Unknown Conductor" if the track is placed in the playlist with Songbook.

This may be an Asset 3.0 bug because Asset 2.x did not have the issue and Songbook functions as it should in this regard when utilizing TwonkyMedia Server (5.1.3).

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

I have a feeling it is a bug in the control points, Asset v2 put the conductor as a wrong tag (it should have been part of Artist with the role as conductor), I think it is a bug in the control points as I am guessing they are using last set value / or first value when they should be looking at the role assigned to the artist.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Armoret
                    • Mar 2010

Hi Spoon,
                    here is a feedback on the v3 version latest beta: it's running nice until now except the following points:
                    frequently, the umedialibrary-readtags.exe process uses a lot of CPU, almost 48%, even when the library isn't being scanned for change detection. I can even see more than one instance of this process.
                    Killing all those instances solve temporarily the issue (one instance restarts) but a scan for change detection set the CPU usage at 40%, for both umedialibrary-readtags.exe and medialibrary.exe processes.
                    My configuration: Windows 7 32 bits, my library contains ALAC files in majority.
                    I don't know if those information is helpful or if you need more data (logs files ?).
                    Brgds

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

You have one or more ALAC files with corrupted ID Tags (at least that is my position right now without seeing the files). If you install 'Process Explorer' from Microsoft, it is a better task manager, you can select one of the rouge -readtags.exe, click a button on the task bar to enable the bottom pane, then switch to handles, it will then show which audio file is open in that program. If you can send such a file:

Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• davel
                        • Jun 2010

Just wanted to drop a note in. I have noticed flac files on my server when played on my wdtv live may show a time of 3 mins (3:00) , but the song might really be 4 min :30 secs. When I reach the 3 min mark the player thinks its over and plays next sound in sequence (even tho the song is not over). Not sure, but need to confirm that my ezstream unit is playing mp3 files ok but not sure if any transcoding is happening. I have the debug log enabled. Would it be worth forwarding the info to you?

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

I have a wdtv so will check out.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JoeBroesel
                            • Dec 2008

Hi,
                            running V3 BETA and using Kinsky Desktop:
                            Kinsky Desktop shows the number of items found in an entry, for instance under the Server it would show a 3 for "Advanced Search", "Folders...", "Playlists".
                            Showing an artist it would show the number of albums. With Asset UPnP V3 Beta I always see a 0.

Switching to TwonkyMedia V4.4.5.1 (the last version that was worth to run it) shows the correct number again.

AssetControl also shows the number on the bottom of the screen (3 folders).

There are obviously different methods to access/find out this number, and Asset V3 BETA does not supply all of them?

Greetings from Bavaria
                            J.

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

Asset does not look ahead within containers to provide those numbers, for example an Album view would be x1000 slower. Other UPnP servers have fixed predetermined browse trees and can supply that information, but it is not required.

One feature you will see Asset v3 (in future) is responding to a smart control point, for example if Album view is selected then you can filter the view on a Year or Genre, this is why Asset is designed as a dynamic database rather than fixed dumb trees.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JoeBroesel
                                • Dec 2008

Hi,
                                in that case, this calls for an option, in some context menu, where you can individually set to show the correct number or to show a definitely wrong number!

J.

Comment

Working...

]]>