title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP v3 Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • timothyc
    • Jul 2010

Re: Asset UPnP v3 Discussions

Would you consider enabling a third option for Replay-Gain: "Source Variable" ?

This option would apply "Track" RP to playlists and random playback modes, and "Album" to all other. The case for this is that many users deploy playlists containing assorted tracks for parties and other gatherings, but tend to choose specific albums for serious listening. The new option would eliminate having to manually change the RP type when playing tracks from multiple sources -- "intelligent RP".

(This may require that playlists be processed with conversion to WAV or lcpm, a shortcoming raised by another poster, if I understood the post correctly.) Thanks.

Comment

• chris marshall
      • Jul 2010

Hi Spoon

Downloaded V3 beta, running on XP, nice improvement over V2.1, thanks.

2 small things that don't seem quite right yet that I can't see elsewhere in the thread:

I can't see the option to ignore "The" in artist names and I seem to have a strange mix where some are ignored and some aren't. This was fine with 2.1, has anything changed?

I have detect new and changed tracks ticked but it doesn't seem to scan without manually asking it to refresh.

Overall a great server and between this and improved control points, my setup is almost where I want it!

thanks

Chris

Comment

• cga
        • Nov 2009

Hi

Is Beta testing for Asset v3 already implemented in latest WHS version 2.1?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

I can't see the option to ignore "The" in artist names and I seem to have a strange mix where some are ignored and some aren't. This was fine with 2.1, has anything changed?
          First item in General Settings: The Artist & Album Handling: Smart - this puts all to The XXX and sorts on XXX internally (you need a control point which does not try to self sort). If you have some files with an Artist Sort it will override the Asset Sort. You can change to 'Value, the' if needed.

It should be rescanning automatically, have you tried restarting the computer? also what is it monitoring, a folders on a local HDD or network?

------

cga: Asset v3 is seperate from WHS Asset v2.1, eventually it will full release and replace.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• cga
            • Nov 2009

Ok that's great

I was confused because asset 2.1.3 doesn't work for me.

Only v3 works for WHS and Windows 7 with Sumvision cyclone
            I'll stick to v3 beta

Comment

• chris marshall
              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
              First item in General Settings: The Artist & Album Handling: Smart - this puts all to The XXX and sorts on XXX internally (you need a control point which does not try to self sort). If you have some files with an Artist Sort it will override the Asset Sort. You can change to 'Value, the' if needed.

Thanks Spoon,

I was being dozy, I hadn't realised that was a field I could alter. It's rescanning now so hopefully that will be fine now.

regards

Chris

Comment

• gartonhill
                • Jul 2010

All

I have written a review of Asset V3 beta and using it to stream FLAC files to XBOX 360 from WHS on my blog here.

Great product. Can't wait for the release to be complete.

Ben

Comment

• davel
                  • Jun 2010

There is one thing I miss from Twonky, if the folder is empty don't catalog it. Case in point is I create a months worth of folders for a radio program popcast I get each day and I drop the files into the folders when I get them. With asset I have to remember the date of the show in question as all dates (folders) show up. It would be nice to scroll down and see that there are folders down to 7/27 and none after, telling me that is the last date. But tomorrow when I place files in 7/28 it would then be added to the end of the list.

Maybe there is an option, I just missed it??

Comment

• I B Listening
                    • Jul 2010

Wish list items for V3. A lot of players seem to lack random song playback capability. So, it would be great to see random/jukebox song play back based on:

1. Genre
                    2. Artist
                    3. Rating
                    4. Playlist (take a user defined playlist and play it randomly)

Comment

• audiokaas
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Jan 2010

Hi

Got questions.
                      What does the "contain" do in the advanced search tree?

I would like to be able to filter trees. Eg searching for titles is a pain when scrolling through the "S" I get all the classical suites first... So it would be great to list only pop tunes. I've set it all up as subclasses of Genre now but that is not intuitive for the extended household :smile2:

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

It is just a way of filtering on items such as tracks with album art, or not, id tags or not.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• audiokaas
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
                          It is just a way of filtering on items such as tracks with album art, or not, id tags or not.
                          Nice,

How does it work, ie how does it let me see which track have no year for example?

Any possibility of filtering?

How about genre art or artist art, let me see a picture of tom waits on the container header of tom waits albums?:smile2:

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

They are just fixed values, if you have dBpoweramp installed, hold the mouse over a file, the info that pops up has a line 'Contains', it is this value.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• I B Listening
                              • Jul 2010

Regarding "unkown conductor":

I'm running Asset UpNP on WHS, playing mp3s directly to a WD TV Live Plus media player, without any other control points. "unknown conductor" shows up on the TV's "now playing" screen instead of album artist.

I don't see this problem if I use Windows Media Player as the server.

Comment

• I B Listening
                                • Jul 2010

Originally posted by I B Listening
                                Regarding "unkown conductor":

I'm running Asset UpNP on WHS, playing mp3s directly to a WD TV Live Plus media player, without any other control points. "unknown conductor" shows up on the TV's "now playing" screen instead of album artist.

I don't see this problem if I use Windows Media Player as the server.

More info about the above problem:

When using WD TV Live to play music from the WHS/UPNP Asset with a plain Genre tree, the TV displays -

a. the current song information:

[Title]
                                [Album]
                                "Unknown Conductor"
                                [Genre]

and

b. the next song information:
                                [Title]/[Artist]

Everything is displayed correctly except the currently playing [Artist]. I also noticed that with a more complex tree:

Genre/Artist
                                -----Genre
                                -----------Artist

the information for the next song displays [Title] and not [Title]/[Artist].

Lastly,

I used MediaMonkey to populate the [Conductor] field in the MP3 tag, and found that this field is definitely being displayed by the WD TV instead of [Artist].
                                Last edited by I B Listening; 08-04-2010, 03:11 PM. Reason: more information

Comment

Working...

]]>