title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset Control Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chestnuts
    • Jun 2011

Re: Asset Control Discussions

Hi

I don't if anyone can help me with a problem I am having with Asset Upnp and Asset control running on two Windows XP SP3 computers. They are both on my home network connected via wired ethernet.

Here is my configuration:

Computer1 - Asset Upnp v3 and Asset control.
    Computer2 - Asset Upnp v3 and Asset control.

Computer1 running Asset control can see Asset Upnp on both computer1 and computer2.

Computer2 running Asset control cannot see Asset Upnp on computer1 or computer2.

There must be some simple reason why computer2 cannot see Asset Upnp. I've tried switching windows firewall off, restarting windows etc etc.

Using netstat -a I can see computer2 and computer1 listening as Asset Upnp on port 26125.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

What happens if you leave it running for say half an hour, does it appear?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• chestnuts
        • Jun 2011

I went out for the day and left it searching for 12 hours, but still nothing showed up.

I also set up a 3rd computer (laptop Windows XP SP3) on a wireless connection. This can see both computer1 and computer2 Asset Upnp. So it must be something peculiar to computer2.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Make sure that the problem computer has an ip address which is similar to the other computers (ie not a fixed ip address).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• chestnuts
            • Jun 2011

All PCs are on the same network.

I have downloaded a trial version of 4u2Stream onto computer2. This successfully finds the two Asset Upnp servers on computer1 and computer2 and plays music.

I also have ezzUPnP on computer2 which sees the local Asset Upnp on computer2.

This suggests to me that there is something wrong with Asset Control running on computer2.

Is there any more information I can give you?

Comment

• NaimNut
              • Nov 2010

In my limited experience with streaming if 4u2stream won’t work you really do have problems, don’t know how it is that program seems to work when all else fails. Perhaps the simple (too simple for most perhaps) interface is the reason. Lets hope when Asset CP is finished it too will work on most/all systems.

I guess you have checked that you have the same services running on the problem machine as on the others and it’s not a firewall issue.

Hoping that Mr Spoon will be announcing imminently the new venture that’s been worked on and spoke of earlier, of course he never said it was anything to do will the CP; intriguing.

Comment

• jldaureil
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
                I cannot commit to a time scale, all I can say at this time is Illustrate are working behind the scenes on something big and hope to announce in about 4 weeks.
                Originally posted by talisker
                Hi Spoon, thanks for your quick reply. It sounds very promising ! I'm very intent to see what you have done then. :smile2:
                I come back here to see take a look at the development of your control point.
                Here is a discussion on the naim forum.

It appears that people are waiting for a stable control point running on computers...
                Any news?

Thanks in advance.
                bon courage !

Jean-Luc

Comment

• mville
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2008

Illustrate are working behind the scenes on something big and hope to announce in about 4 weeks.
                  Spoon, is there to be an announcement and if so, what is it in relation to?

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

In about 2 weeks we announce
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• peteraschindler
                      • Jan 2010

Hello Spoon,

have been ussing Asset UPnP Server for a long time as a Premium Registered user (Release 3 BETA) and like it very much. So, was very excited when I came across Asset Control today. Downloaded, installed, works like a charm right from the beginning.

But, and I apologise if this has been addressed elsewhere in this thread, where's the keyword search? For example, Type "Beethoven" and all tracks/albums are listed that include Beethoven in any of the ID-Tags. I'm geting old and often can't recall whether I have a certain piece of music or not, so keyword search is essential.

Peter

PS: J. River Media Center 16 does keyword search very well, but the way, thank you.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

Not possible to search currently
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• barbamaman
                          • Jul 2011

Hi

I use Asset Control -on windows 7- for few weeks with a Marantz M-CR603 and everithing works except the pause button : click on it doesn't paused the track.
                          Backward, forward, play, volume... Everything else is fine.

It's a compatibility issue ?

Thank a lot.

Comment

• peteraschindler
                            • Jan 2010

Not possible to search currently
                            Understood. Any plans: will this be incorporated? If so, roughly when?

Thank you!

Comment

• peteraschindler
                              • Jan 2010

I have a digital level control-related question: after I installed Asset Control yesterday, the volume seems to be set to 80% by default, when I try to move it with the + and - buttons, sure, it moves up and down, but a) no effect on sound level; b) after a few seconds it moves back to 80%.

If it is a digital level control, it should work, irrespective of the hardware UPnP renderer (in my case a Linn DS) and amp/pre-amp, no? What am I missin?

Thank you!

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

Any other control points able to pause the Marantz?
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>