title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset Control Discussions

Re: Asset Control Discussions

Looks very promising.

There seems to be a bit of a problem with the communication with Twonky though: I can browse the library fine, but when I select "Play Album" the Artist is listed as "(Unknown artist)". Ditto on the Now Playing screen.
    Weird that in the Library view the Artist is shown, but not in the playlist or the Now Playing views.

Oh, and how do I get it to display the larger style artwork instead of the tree-with-small-artwork?

Thx!

Administrator

In album view you can see the larger artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    >2/ Is working with twonky server (don't know the version, the one coming with HP WHS). But : when seeing the details of an album, ie the track list, the first track is at the end of the list without its track number.

This suggests it is twonky, not asset serving the files.

I don't understand your statement, I did choose ASSET.

I have a screenshots of the same situation with different servers showing that Asset control is not showing tracks from Asset Server.
    Should I send you on your mail ?

BR

Docles

Administrator

Ok thanks for the clarification, you are using Asset UPnP v3? a screen shot might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Ok thanks for the clarification, you are using Asset UPnP v3? a screen shot might help.
    No, I am using asset 2.1 (WHS).

How to post images ?

BR

Docles

Administrator

Use:

http://www.imagevenue.com/

and post the link.

A couple of issues to report:

1) multi-disc albums are added to the playlist in the wrong sort order. They sort first by album-wide track number, then by disc number. To illustrate:

I have The Wall tagged so that all tracks have the same album name 'The Wall', with the disc number and total discs tags (or whatever they're actually called) set as 1, 2 or 2, 2 as appropriate. In KD and Control, track titles come through as e.g. '2. 6 Comfortably Numb'. In KD, tracks are sorted by disc number, then track, as expected. In Control, they're sorted by track num, then disc num (the second sort is definitely on disc num and not track title, in case useful).

2) temperamental playback issues. Generally, it seems like it sometimes loses track of the playlist. Perception (maybe) is that it can run stably for a while, then these issues creep in and become more frequent (edit: actually I'm not sure I have this perception anymore, it's playing happily now, having seen a few issues earlier):

i) sometimes if I hit a track, it will pause briefly on it, maybe playing it for a fraction of a second, then rapidly skip to the next, and on rare occasions it then skips to the one after. On some occasions when it skips a track, it leaves a graphical glitch. I've once seen a track title go blank, and have more frequently seen it leave the guilty track's track number highlighted. In this screenshot, Control has just finished Outside the Wall, momentarily touched but not played Bored, leaving a graphical glitch, and started playing Minus Blindfold:

ii) I have some albums where a few tracks in the middle of the album are missing. When the last track before a missing track ends, Control will sometimes completely ignore the next available track, and pick up from further down the album than it should. E.g. if I have tracks 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8 and 9, it will sometimes finish 3 and pick up from 7. In these cases, I never see it touch track 7 - it never highlights.

iii) occasionally it finishes a track and stops playing altogether, though there's more to come in the playlist.

Vista 32 laptop, wireless connection, Asset 2.1. KD is sometimes running at the same time, but is generally being left alone while these issues occur (e.g. might be opened up to compare displays, but little else).
    Last edited by MnM; 03-29-2010 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by docles View Post
    No, I am using asset 2.1 (WHS)
    Here is the images :
    Asset Control with Asset UPNP
    [img=http://img101.imagevenue.com/loc594/th_84427_asset_control_122_594lo.JPG]

Asset Control with JRIVER Server
    [img=http://img46.imagevenue.com/loc204/th_84429_asset_control2_122_204lo.JPG]

Asset Control with Twonky (5.1)
    [img=http://img245.imagevenue.com/loc18/th_84430_asset_control3_122_18lo.JPG]

Hope it helps.

BR

Docles
    Last edited by docles; 03-29-2010 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by docles View Post
    Asset UPnP works in my configuration, but JRiver has the same problem as with docles

Administrator

@docles

There seems to be an overall issue with Asset UPnP Server, if Kinsky Desktop cannot see the tracks then there is an issue, try rebooting the computer, and do a full rescan of the database.

With Twonky it seems it is not setting the album listing as an album listing, hence why there are no track numbers shown, does Kinsky desktop show the track numbers?

There is an issue with JRiver as far as finding a compatible playback format, we will specifically test with these control points in due course.

Administrator

@MnM - there are issues regarding playback handling, hopefully future releases will improve this, it was important to test now not only for playback abilities, but for general usability assesment of Asset Control.

Spoon, sorry if it didn't come across this way, but those were all meant to be constructive comments from a very happy customer , and you'd mentioned you were interested in track queueing issues. I don't doubt they'll get sorted in time!

Usability - it's early days but I found it quick to load and the gui responsive. I don't have a touch screen but find single click fine. The real usability stuff that I'm interested in is still to come, like library browsing and smart control point, so it's hard to say much more at the moment.

Hi Spoon

Have installed the actual available version of this beautyful control and it works quite stable within my setup (AssetUPnP, Linn Majik, Shuttle allinone touchscreen PC and Philips Pronto TSU9600). I'm using yet as control the Kinsky Desktop and Kinsky Pronto which are also working quite well. The Kinsky Desktop is hard to use on a touch-screen and the Kinsky Pronto is not very hard driven on the bug fixing.
    So I'm more than happy to see your project. Please let me know if I can assist you in any case of the developement. Further I had a look at the roadmap where you mention the multi platform availability. I'm a bit surprised that the multiplatform only containes apple-stuff. Would it be possible to develope also a Pronto version?
    The Pronto is the only available allinone standalone remote-control where you are able to control almost everything which is controllable through a remotecontrol. I really would appreciate this and I guess a lot of other people to, because there is, except the Kinsky Pronto, nothing UPnP based for the Pronto platform available. Thanks for thinking about, kind regards
    Kurt

Administrator

We will not be developing a pronto version, sorry.

Hi there,

i just tested assett control on a mac with win xp on boot camp;
    the problem is any browsing via asset control freezes the software
    so i have to shut down the application via the task manager.

i am using twonky on a netgear nas and linn majik ds

lets say if the application would work it would be very nice ...

thx

optics