title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Vista 64bit / no CD writers found

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bernhard
    • Jan 2010

Vista 64bit / no CD writers found

I cannot get dCW to run on my Vista 64 bit system - it always says "no CD writers found". My CD/DVD RW drive gets recognized as "CD-ROM drive" only (right pane) by dCW.

- drive is a fairly new "Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-216 ATA"
    - system is Vista 64 bit Home premium
    - can burn CDs with Windows Media Player
    - can rip CDs with DBpowerAMP
    - using registered version 13.3 with power pack

I've already tried "Windows XP SP2 compability mode" on dCW as well as running this program as administrator - neither worked.

Any more ideas?

TIA
    Bernhard
  • bernhard
    • Jan 2010

Re: Vista 64bit / no CD writers found - solution found

It looks like I've found the solution: After installing the "Intel Matrix Storage Manager" (see download section on intel.com) CD writer (and other burning programs like deepburnerXP and CDburnerXP) recognize my DVD-RW drive as writable device.

It looks like the AHCI-BIOS which comes with the motherboard does not transport "writable" information to the operating system whereas the above mentioned driver software extends the AHCI information to the os.

HTH
    Bernhard

Comment

• savagcl
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Aug 2004

Re: Vista 64bit / no CD writers found

Using Roxio 10, i can write to the cd/dvd with no problem but
      none of the compatibility modes will make the drive show up in dBp.

I'll wait for the win7 program to be
      posted.

thanks,
      savagcl

Comment

• mikeny
        • Apr 2010

Re: Vista 64bit / no CD writers found - solution found

Originally posted by bernhard
        It looks like I've found the solution: After installing the "Intel Matrix Storage Manager" (see download section on intel.com) CD writer (and other burning programs like deepburnerXP and CDburnerXP) recognize my DVD-RW drive as writable device.

It looks like the AHCI-BIOS which comes with the motherboard does not transport "writable" information to the operating system whereas the above mentioned driver software extends the AHCI information to the os.

HTH
        Bernhard
        Thank you Bernhard. I have a Windows Vista 64-Bit system. dbpoweramp CD writer said 'no CD writer found'.

After reading your post, I installed that "Intel matrix storage manager". It prompted a reboot then after it installed the driver it prompted another reboot.

Long story short, the next time I launched dbpoweramp cd writer (set for Win XP SP 2 compatibility mode), it found my HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA10N slot loaded drive. I was then able to burn my CD.

Comment

Working...

]]>