title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ISRC strangeness

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pjc2
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2009

ISRC strangeness

Fortunately, I caught missing ISRC data after batching a single disc as a test. I managed to find the release notes for Batch Ripper 1.2 that mentioned:
    added -isrc on command line to read isrc from CDs
    But here's the strange thing. The first time I batch ripped the disc, it got a date of 1980 and no ISRC. The second time I batch ripped it with the -isrc option, I got a date of 2000 and the ISRC. CD Ripper reports a date of 1980 even when reading ISRC.

Is the date from the providers getting overwritten by the ISRC data from the CD?

(On a related note, do CD-Text and/or CD-UPC reading also require use of special flags in Batch Ripper? Or do they just work -- or not?)
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ISRC strangeness

They both have slightly different implementation of Perfectmeta, hence the difference.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pjc2
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
      They both have slightly different implementation of Perfectmeta, hence the difference.
      But both CD Ripper and Batch Ripper gave me 1980 as the year -- until I turned on ISRC in Batch Ripper. Why does ISRC cause that change?

(And are CD-Text and CD-UPC supported in Batch Ripper?)

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

ISRC has a year, in CD Ripper the online metadata might take preference, where as in Batch Ripper it is the other way around.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pjc2
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Nov 2009

ISRC has a year, in CD Ripper the online metadata might take preference, where as in Batch Ripper it is the other way around.
          Sorry, I realize I left out an important detail: the track ISRCs have a year of 1998.

Is there a disc-level ISRC that could be providing the 2000 date? Or is PerfectMeta picking a provider's date that's closer to the ISRC year?

And what about CD-Text and CD-UPC? Are those supported in Batch Ripper at all?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Those two are not supported in Batch Ripper.

Turn on Manual Input & Review for the metadata to see where 2000 comes from.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pjc2
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Nov 2009

Those two are not supported in Batch Ripper.
              Could you add CD-UPC to a future version of Batch Ripper please? I can live without CD-Text, but CD-UPC is very important to me.

And thanks for the manual review tip. I'll check it out.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Added to the request list.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>