title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Native x64 version And Join function

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Native x64 version And Join function

I would like to see a native x64 version of dbp, it could deal with larger files and would likely be a bit faster if optimized for amd64(x64).

As to join function, I listen to alot of audio books, I would like the ability to join multi files into one larger file without having to use an separate app, This would save me alot of time using Suangs Audio Joiner to join the files, it only support wav,mp3,wma leaving me stuck converting to one lossy format, then converting to vorbis, also takes alot of extra time :/

thanks for considering this spoon

Re: Native x64 version And Join function

As far as file conversion goes, in the case of lossless files at least, the bottleneck is the HDD, not the CPU and processing power. While some codecs might get a boost from 64-bit encoding, remember that there is just 1 coder for all Illustrate products: Spoon.

yeah 64-bit wouldn't do much. Get 4 cores if you really wanna see it db fly. But that joiner feature, oh my soul for a joiner feature in dbpoweramp!!!! It's the one feature that stops it from being my true one stop solution.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

im not asking for a x64 hand optimized version, I would be more then happy with a simple x64 compile.

Mind you the x64 vorbis encoder blow the 32bit version away, want some proof
    http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...st=25&start=25

[quote name='dDroneS' date='Apr 8 2010, 09:53' post='699360']
    Thanks for this release john33 !!
    The results are impressive !

Here, from Infected Mushroom - Vicious Delicious (FLAC) in foobar2k :

oggenc2.85-1.2.3-generic
    Total encoding time: 0:47.018, 90.59x realtime

oggenc2.85-1.2.3-x64
    Total encoding time: 0:28.954, 147.11x realtime

Just great
    [/quote]

an example, that thread has the encoders in it, theres also another thread with even more optimized encoder versions.

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...howtopic=74345

To use these with dbpoweramp under 7 you must set the exe vista compat mode and run as admin or they will crash/error out.

give it a try, I think you will be SHOCKED how much faster the x64 versions are, let alone the optimized x64 versions(i can pull close to 200x on my quad even on complex files) this is insainly better closer to lancer speeds but with updated aoTuV 5.7+ code changes(Boost to quality..)
    I was told part of why we see problems with x64 encoders with dbp is that its a 32bit exe calling on a 64bit exe(arg...)

joiner is still one of my top requests!!!
    Last edited by AshenSugar; 04-11-2010 at 07:17 PM.