title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

map multiple tags to a single tag

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnk
    • Sep 2009

map multiple tags to a single tag

I am just setting out on the task of ripping all my classical CDs.

I plan to follow what is now more or less a convention when ripping classical discs: each work on a CD will be ripped as an "album", so e.g. a disc containing Beethoven's 4th and 5th symphonies will become two albums, e.g.

Beethoven - Symphony No. 4 - Vienna Phil, Rattle
    Beethoven - Symphony No. 5 - Vienna Phil, Rattle

So the original album name becomes meaningless, and I am trying to find a shortcut to naming albums. I've only just started using dBpoweramp and I still rely on MP3Tag for some of the heavy lifting.

At the moment I:

create a new tag in CD Ripper called %ashortname%, e.g.:
    Beethoven - Symphony No. 4
    then create an action in MP3Tag that goes:
    [album] = [ashortname] - [albumartist]

Now this works just fine, but I'd like to transfer as much of the work as possible to dBpoweramp, so that there's little or no messing to be done in MP3Tag. I've tried using the mapping facility in ID Tag Processing, but it doesn't seem to like multiple tags, although it may well be user error. Any advice appreciated. I'm ripping to FLAC, if that matters.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: map multiple tags to a single tag

Not currently possible.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• johnk
      • Sep 2009

Thanks for the quick response. Any plans to introduce MP3Tag-style actions in dBpoweramp?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is possible yes, Batch Ripper can already do this, but you cannot all custom tags to it.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>