title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Playing a burned CD i my Acura Tl

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Restaurateur RD
    • Sep 2009

Playing a burned CD i my Acura Tl

I'm completely bald from pulling my hair out over this. Ever single time I burn a audio disk to play in my acura tl, there's a womans voice that comes across every 15 seconds that says "audio viideo demo" I'm sure it's my fault from downloading a program that I thought would burn disks for my car. Im using my stock Dell Desktop for this. The head unit in my car is a Kenwod KDC-MP242. If that makes a difference, but it did the same on my stock unit also.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Playing a burned CD i my Acura Tl

If you play the disc in another player there is not this voice?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Wayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Aug 2002

What software did you use to burn the CD?

Comment

• Restaurateur RD
        • Sep 2009

The disk still has the lady, for lack of a better term, selling their product. I should note she says "audio media demo" not what i first explained. my bad

Comment

• Restaurateur RD
          • Sep 2009

I have windows media 11 i believe. And ofcourse, dbpower cd writer. Now the other problem i have is if I try and burn with cd writer my drive won't burn onto the cd-r disks i have

Comment

• Wayne
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Aug 2002

What disk? Have you tried playing this disk on a different cd player

Have you tried playing a commercial audio cd in your Acura Tl. It looks like your player supports audio cd and CDROMs with mp3/wma files on them.

What error message do you get when you try in burn to a cd-r?

Comment

• Restaurateur RD
              • Sep 2009

it's onl;y when i burn a disk from my desktop. I'm using sony cd-r. it's because that make and year of car has a 7.1 surround sound system plus some other goodies that make it more difficult to be technologicly up to date with out going through them. im gonna go buy dvd-a disks and see if that works

Comment

• xoas
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2002

I would advise against trying the dvd a discs unless you are ABSOLUTELY certain that your auto's cd player can read them. I have not kept up with these items since I got an auto cd/mp3 player installed some years ago. However, cd's and dvd's format disks differently and just as you would not expect to play a dvd on your stereo system's cd player I would not expect to be able to listen to audio tracks burned on a dvd disk (even if they are burned in mp3 format).

I would urge you to follow Wayne's suggestions to see if the disk performs the same way on some other cd player and to see wherther you get a similar problem wwith a standard commercial cd. This should help localize whether the issue is with the disc or the player.

Best wishes,
                Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>