title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

which portable audio mp3 players support gapless?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bastet
    • Sep 2009

which portable audio mp3 players support gapless?

So , after learning much about gapless (and how it occurs) here I would like to know which portable players (flashcard type) support gapless?

I have sent my recently bought iRiver back because it did not.
    I fear that my next choice (Cowon iAudio 7) wont either.

I have read that the Trakstor Vibez does so. I don't want to buy a iPod however altough it supports gapless.

What are the choices here in Europe ? - they seems very few. - the Cowon D2 perhaps for gapless mp3?

Or if I buy a pocket device with larger capacity will I experience gap problems if I try to rip in FLAC?

Then I have read about supplementary software (or alternative to firmware) from Rockbox that "corrects" the gaps.

Any advice would be appreciated
    Last edited by bastet; 09-23-2009, 08:47 PM.
  • johnk
    • Sep 2009

Re: which portable audio mp3 players support gapless?

Yes, it's amazing how few players support gapless. I can only assume that none of the people who design and build these players have ever listened to a classical album in their lives.

I still use a 1st generation Nano -- only because there is a stable version of Rockbox for it, which works well.

If you can find a player which suits your needs that also has a stable version of Rockbox available, then that's a good option. The problem is that versions of Rockbox have to be developed for each player, which is a slow process, so you tend to end up with players that are a couple of years old at least. You may have to buy a player second-hand. It's one of the reasons why a player like the iRiver ihp-120 still sells for very good money second-hand.

There quite a lot of discussion about gapless over at anythingbutipod.

Comment

• bastet
      • Sep 2009

Re: which portable audio mp3 players support gapless?

thanks johnk :blush: very kind of you for the tip

Comment

Working...

]]>