title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unable to rip to Sony Media Change with dbpa...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbuser
    • Jul 2009

Unable to rip to Sony Media Change with dbpa...

Just registered dbpoweramp, attempting to use with Sony Vaio Media Changer XL1B, CD Ripper Program sees H: Matsushita DVD-RAM 9586 but sees no CD and does nothing, Starmatrix Control program sees and manages changer, what am I missing???
    Thanks,

DBUSER
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Unable to rip to Sony Media Change with dbpa...

You are using Batch Ripper and have installed the Batch Ripper XL1B driver and configured it in batch ripper?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dbuser
      • Jul 2009

I am using Batch Ripper with Sony XL1B driver installed from dbpoweramp site.

It hangs at "post load waiting for CD" message once a batch is started, when I go to edit the profile it does not recognize any CDs although three are loaded.

I've used Mediadogg v0.56 GUI to control the media changer (mounts, identifies full slots, etc.). I am on a Vista 64 box so can't use Media Center (which is how I found dbpoweramp).

What am I missing?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

if you load a cd (with mediadog), does it appear in the Windows file system?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dbuser
          • Jul 2009

Nope, windows vista file explorer does not see the media changer at all (or a cd in a BD or DVD drive).
          Mediadogg shows "Known labels=1, Full slots =1 BUT shows a Disc label "***Drive not ready***"

Note: I'm running Vista Home Premium 64 on this Dell XPS 1530 but have tried all of this on another box running XP Pro with same results...not sure if this points to a hardware problem with the Media Changer, I did the firmware upgrade off the Sony website without problems.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

The drive should appear in Windows Explorer. It is likely to be a Firewire issue (drivers or connection into your pc).
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dbuser
              • Jul 2009

Tried yet another computer, media changer shows up in control panel devices but not file explorer, must be a problem with the changer so will go back to escient and get a used e2-300 to rip with my sony cd changer, sorry it didn't work out but appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...

]]>