title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I properly tag flac files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhferry
    • Jul 2009

How do I properly tag flac files

I remember reading that you shouldnt embed tags into flac files but dBpoweramp seems to. Can someone clear this up for me?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How do I properly tag flac files

FLAC is designed to have idtags, who ever wrote what you read was miss-informed.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Re: How do I properly tag flac files

You shouldn't embed ID3 tags in FLAC, Vorbis comments is the standard.

Comment

• damoresh
        • Jul 2009

Re: How do I properly tag flac files [Help help..

I don't understand how to tag these files I have selected Vorbis comments in my configuration. I use foobar2000 player to play these files. I right click on the file & click on Edit Id tag I fill the Artist, Track, Year etc. The pop up shows me the filled tags. But when i play in that player the year does not appear. I click on the metadata option in that player and it shows me date instead of year what is this problem under the Date i write the Year and save. And then i see the dbpoweramp pop up it shows me ARTIST , TITLE written in capital letters and year and genre written normally like Year, Genre. Why is it so although it wasn't initially i would like to know so that i can again make it normal like Artist, Title. It happens every time.:(

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Re: How do I properly tag flac files [Help help..

See:

Date is correct, not year.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>