title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Writer recognized only 1 CD/DVD-Drive

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cmy
    • May 2009

CD Writer recognized only 1 CD/DVD-Drive

2 days ago I bought dbpoweramp reference R13. CD Ripper and batch ripper works fine, but I have still troubles with the CD Writer. I'm running Vista Ultimate 64k and 2 internal CD/DVD-writer-drives (Samsung and LiteOn) and additionally 1 external CD/DVD-writer-drive (LG). The CD-Writer is recognizing only the external drive. Any trial to burn a CD or DVD on the recognized drive ends shortly with the error "No CD Disc loaded in CD Drive. Insert a CD disc." This happens with all possible CD brands. What to do?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Writer recognized only 1 CD/DVD-Drive

The CD Writer code is different to CD Ripper, in that it detects if the drive is compatible with Burning before adding the drive. If the drive is not listed then dCW is not able to work with that drive.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• cmy
      • May 2009

Really fast response, but I can't live with your answer.
      1) Where is the drive list you are talking about?
      2) Why dCW is using an own drive list? Is it so difficult to use the OS drives?
      3) When dCW is recognizing a drive, why it is not possible to burn any CD or DVD (see my first questions)?
      4) When we can expect an appropriate and state of the art dCW update?
      It seems that dCW is an useless product for me and many other potential users.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

There is no list, it is the code which detects if the drive is compatible. There is also the possibility that Windows 64 bit is stopping CD Writer from working. We have not tested this combination.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• cmy
          • May 2009

It's amazing. If I'm running CD Writer in XPSP2 compatibility mode then all CD/DVD-Drives are recognized. Later I will try to write different kinds of audio CD's. If this will work, then I'm fine.

Comment

Working...

]]>