title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I change the write speed?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zuheyr
    • Feb 2009

How do I change the write speed?

Hello,
    I am using the reference version of the dbpoweramp as of today. In general it is great.

I have 2 problems with the writer:

1-The cd writer does not give me the possibility to edit and change the write speed (I do not know how)

2- The option to finalize the cd (close it) is greyed out. I cannot then play it on the cd player. How do I change these settings?

I tried to edit the new cd but these options are not available there??

Many thanks for reading. Regards, zuheyr
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How do I change the write speed?

The CD write speeds should be shown on the page pre-burn (as in the help file)

Finalizing depend on the type of CD, if Disc at once itis always finalized.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

I believe you should find the option to change the write speed in the upper right hand corner of the window (dBpowerAMP CD Writer: Burn CD) that appears after you click on the Burn icon in the CD Writer Window. If you do not see that option there, please let us know.

I believe that only data CDs (such as data mp3 discs) give the option about finalizing the CD. I do not believe that standard or gapless audio CDs will offer this options as (I believe) they close the disc by default. So is this an option you are missing when you try to create data (mp3, wma, etc) discs? If you burn a standard or gapless audio CD without this option being available, are you saying that the disc will not play? If your problem is with these standard or gapless audio CDs not playing on your CD player, have you tried playing them on your computer? If it will play on the computer, then it may be that the CD player you are using does not like the type of disc you are burning to.

Hope these ideas are of some help. If not, please furnish further details about these issues mentioned above.

Best wishes,
      Bill

Comment

• zuheyr
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by xoas
        I believe you should find the option to change the write speed in the upper right hand corner of the window (dBpowerAMP CD Writer: Burn CD) that appears after you click on the Burn icon in the CD Writer Window. If you do not see that option there, please let us know.

I believe that only data CDs (such as data mp3 discs) give the option about finalizing the CD. I do not believe that standard or gapless audio CDs will offer this options as (I believe) they close the disc by default. So is this an option you are missing when you try to create data (mp3, wma, etc) discs? If you burn a standard or gapless audio CD without this option being available, are you saying that the disc will not play? If your problem is with these standard or gapless audio CDs not playing on your CD player, have you tried playing them on your computer? If it will play on the computer, then it may be that the CD player you are using does not like the type of disc you are burning to.

Dear Bill and Spoon, thank you, I greatly appreciate your help.

Bill I do not have anything on the right corner, the burn CD is on the upper left.

To write a cd, I rip it as waw file and I want to write it as it is.
        When it is standard audio cd option, there is no control. Finalize cd is greyed out, the speed is maximum, the only choice.

If I use the "create", the rightmost area of the menu, use gapless cd option, edit it, I can finalize it, but again I do not have control over the speed. I really do not see the speed option anywhere. There are few controls, how can I miss it?

I did write the cd as standard cd and my cd player, which plays anything, I always wrote cd's (the same audio cd I use) with Nero or Exact Audio Copy. It did not play the cd I wrote as standard audio because it is not closed. The PC does play it. But like I said my cd player always played the copies I made with other programs. There must be something. I am using Vista 32 bit, could that be the problem? I registered and installed the dbpoweramp programs yesterday, so they must be the latest version and I guess I must be using the full version.

I am sorry about the long mail, but this is very important for me. I want to close the cd and write at the slowest speed I can write. I greatly apprreciate your help.

Many thanks, regards, Zuheyr

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

Bill I do not have anything on the right corner, the burn CD is on the upper left.
          I was referring to the upper right hand corner of the window that opens AFTER you click on the Burn icon (this window is titled "dBpowerAMP CD Writer: Burn CD" as I indicated earlier). This is where you should find the the menu to adjust the burning speed. I do not have Vista 32-bit, so I cannot confirm whether this could possibly be a 32-bit Vista issue or not.

I do note that using 16-bit Windows XP home edition SP3 that the option to finalize a disc after burning is grayed out as an option for standard and gapless audio CDs (at least for saved templates, I am not sure about new templates). This does not seem to affect the ability of my car CD player from reading the disc.

Can you access your dBpowerAMP Configuration to confirm what version of CD Writer you are using?

Bill

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

I have a speed drop-down for every choice of CD, and I am able to check the finalize box for the mp3 CD option, as the Audio CD options have it greyed out.
            What version of dMC and the CD writer are you using?

Comment

• zuheyr
              • Feb 2009

Dear Bill and Spoon,

Thank you.
              Here is the versions from the configuration.
              Regards, Zuheyr
              ================================================== =====

dBpoweramp Music Converter
              Release 13.1
              Registration Status
              Reference: Registered
              AMG, GD3 & MusicBrainz: 28 Days Access Remaining (Internet Meta Data)

DSP Effects: Release 3

dBpoweramp Audio Player
              Audio player extraordinaire

dBpoweramp CD Writer: Registered
              Release 3.1

Sveta Portable Audio
              Enhance your portable player
              ================================================== ====

Comment

Working...

]]>