title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Too many lists!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pavlove
    • Jan 2009

Too many lists!!

I have just installed dBPowerAmp and I love the rich sound!!!
    It seems perfectly suited to my needs for broadcasting music in various chatrooms which usually have bandwidth problems. Feedback is very positive.
    I do have a real problem with all the Play Lists and Music Collection lists. It seems unnecessarily complex and confusing. Moreover, when playing from the Music Collection list, it has to refresh itself with every tune and that takes 100% of my resources for 30+ seconds and I have a relatively small list (700 tunes) on this computer. In addition I cannot seem to create a temporary play list and not have it revert back to the Music Collection.
    Until now I have been using WinAmp and while their sound is inferior to dBPowerAmp, thier playlist setup is so much simpler. Open a blank playlist and drag tunes in, then play. You can save this or not, but it will only play what is in this temp playlist.
    When trying to play random selections I need to create a random playlist???
    That seems uncessesary.....why not import some or all tunes from Library into a blank Playlist and have the program scramble the temporary play list, which can then be saved or not. Should be very easy. Again, WinAmp does that very efficiently.
    So, while I shall continue to use dBPowerAmp to play and broadcast, I still use WinAmp for downloading, creating playlists and do all house keeping.
    It is worth the extra effort, but if this can be simplified it would make dBPowerAmp probably more stable also. Also, no name conflicts between lists created from tags and named or renamed files in my music library.
    As far as sound is concerned.........bravoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Pavlove
    • Jan 2009

Re: Too many lists!!

After browsing this site, I realize that a lot of dBPowerAmp users are professional and have need for extensive record keeping and options for RECORDING and Tagging.
    There are millions of amateur music PLAYERS who just want a simple set-up that allows them to play a few selected tunes from their own files, without having to learn the entire File/Playlist system. Moreover, they usually have a chatroom window open and like to have a reduced Amplifier/Playlist alongside, so they can make instant selections and adjust sound depending on the file characteristics. I use Player/Equalizer/Playlist on left side of screen and Chat room window on right side.

Is it possible to offer a BASIC version of PowerAmp with simple drag and drop from computer files into a (temporary) playlist and play only those files?
    It would be a great introduction to the excellent sound of the amplifier and if one wishes to upgrade to the PROFESSIONAL version, offer that as an upgrade option.

Also, why is there no STOP button on the player? I have to close down the entire Program to clear the player memory from PAUSE. This is a basic feature of every player I have ever run across. Can't be that difficult to program!!!

Also, the Equalizer will not hide behind an open page and makes it impossible to have a window open without minimizing the entire Amplifier.

I mention these things, because as an old musician I really like the sound of the Amplifier and I would like to see many more users. But I know that most casual users demand simplicity and user-friendliness and will not waste their time when things get too complicated.

Developers, give this a thought!! I'm sure you'd like to see everybody use this excellent sound engine!!

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

dAP is being replaced by dBpoweramp Renaissance, which is currently in early alpha/beta.

Comment

• Craze
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Oct 2002

dAP has a learning curve and a great Help section. And as you have already mentioned, Great Sound.

The Play button doubles for the Stop button on the default player skin. Other skins may or may not have an actual stop button. (See Help section).

I think dAP can already do what you're asking for.

I seldom use playlists as dAP can play randomly all on it's own. But if I did want to create a playlist or simply En-queue a bunch of songs for a listening session, I would simply use MMC and hold down the "Ctrl" key while making my selections.

A right click on those would give you the option to "Enqueue" or create a playlist (right click/Advanced/"Create Playlist Using Selected Items").

It doesn't get any easier than this.

Overload problems you speak of may be more about your computer than to dAP. Issues with the equalizer may be related to whatever skin you are using. You can always select to hide it. (Help section).

Hope this is helpful. Hang in there.
        Best regards.

Craze

Comment

Working...

]]>