title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Copying From ONe NAS Drive to Another

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • datman
    • May 2007

Copying From ONe NAS Drive to Another

I currently have my music library on my NAS drive recorded in flac. Everything works well, but I would like to know if I can make a copy of the infomation onto a different NAS drive and correct some problems.

I originally started ripping with EAC and switched to dBpoweramp part way through the process. 3000 cd's later I have a problem with the way some of the information is organized when using Slimserver.

What I would like to know is if there is a way to copy my flac files in a batch using one of the dBpoweramp programs onto a new hard drive and have dbpoweramp do information lookups and album art captures and organize the album infomation the way dBpoweramp CD ripper does by default.

Hopefully I have explained this clearly enough so that someone who is far more adept at using dBpweramp than I am can answer this question.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Copying From ONe NAS Drive to Another

dMC only does meta lookups when you rip CDs, not when you convert.

Comment

• datman
      • May 2007

So is there any way you can think of I can do what I want to? I will acquire new software if necessary.

Thanks

Comment

• jtbse
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jan 2006

The closest thing I can think of to what you want to do is one of the MusicBrainz taggers:

I haven't tried MusicBrainz in quite awhile, so not sure of current feature list, but AFAIK, they don't look up album art.

Another app that might help you with that is Album Art Downloader:

Download Album Art Downloader for free. The Album Art Downloader is a program designed to make life easier for anyone who wishes to find and update their album art for their music collection. The sources for the pictures can be defined by creating plugin scripts.

Comment

Working...

]]>