title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Device Error when writing standard Audio disc

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • codedragon
    • Jun 2005

Device Error when writing standard Audio disc

When I try to write a Standard Audio Disc (74 mins) The program dumps when closing the tracks. If I write gapless everything is fine. Also if I use WMP or Rhapsody I get no problems writing a cd. it appears there is a similar issue with BDBurnerXP. Here is a link http://forum.cdburnerxp.se/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6688.

Here is the full error if it helps.

Device Error: Error flushing devide cache while closing track. Unknown Error. -0x0000F9 [Tip: Cancel Burn and Select a slower write speed] Insert a New Blank CD Disc, Retry Burn?

I have reduced speed to the lowest possible and updated the firmware on the drive to the latest. I am using an Optiarc 7170S SATA CD burner and Windows XP. I am also using the most recent copy of dbPowerAmp.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Device Error when writing standard Audio disc

Gapless writes DAO, rather than TAO - if looks like some DVD writers do have an issue with TAO.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• codedragon
      • Jun 2005

Are Rhapsody and WMP writing DAO? Is there any way around this? Is there a functional difference between DAO and TAO? In order to protect my original cds, I am ripping all my cd's in FLAC format and putting the original away. I then want want to be able to burn them so that they can still be identified by CDDB . Is what I am trying to do even possible?
      Last edited by codedragon; 01-13-2009, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

They could easily be, even with gaps.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>