title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Increasing volume level AFTER rip - possible?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nubben
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2008

Increasing volume level AFTER rip - possible?

Hi all,

I recently purchased Depeche Mode DMBX boxes 1-6 and have ripped the tracks to iTunes in the AIFF/WAV format using dBpa.

One thing I have noticed about the DMBX singles is that the volume level is very low compared to other Depeche CDs.

My question is whether I can increase the volume level of the AIFF files using dBpa AFTER the fact that I have already ripped the tracks?

Cheers.

Nubben
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Increasing volume level AFTER rip - possible?

Yes, AIFF is lossless so you can perform manipulations (such as volume normalize) with existing AIFF files.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Nubben
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2008

Thanks Spoon.

I'm trying to normalise a set of singles to correspond with a remastered series of Depeche Mode albums. Can I take one track from the remastered series, analyze it (whatever dB value comes out) and then normalize a track from the singles to that particular value?

Not sure how the normalisation would work - how can I be sure it won't clip etc?

Thanks again!

Nubben

Comment

• Dr. Oviri
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Nubben
        My question is whether I can increase the volume level of the AIFF files using dBpa AFTER the fact that I have already ripped the tracks?
        Why not to increase volume BEFORE ripping?

Comment

Working...

]]>