title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Enhance Naming Logic

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bacchus
    • Dec 2006

Enhance Naming Logic

Hey,

I'd like to see two things added to the naming setup in both the ripper and the batch converter.

First, support for else values in all the [IFXXX] statements, not just in [IFVALUE]. So a structure like:

[IFEQUALS]tag,stringifequal,stringifnot[]

I'm not saying get rid of the [IF!XXX] statements, since they are in use already. But support an else in all the if tags as an option would allow much simpler statements, with much less repetition, in complex cases.

Second, a new [CASE] statement would further simply some statements. With a structure like either:

[CASE]tag,[WHEN]value,string[],[WHEN]value,string[],[ELSE]string[]

or

[CASEWHEN]tag,value,string,value,string,elsestring[]

I think I prefer the first, but then as you may have guessed I'm a programmer.

I've included my current naming below, followed by what it would look like with these changes. It's not much shorter, but I find it both easier to read and easier to code. And currently I'm only testing two specific Genre's to handle uniquely. If I wanted to add to that it would just get really messy in the current setup. With a whole chunk of nested if's.

Thanks for listening,
    Peter S

Current:

[IFEQUALS]genre,Soundtrack,
    [IFCOMP]Soundtrack\[album]\[album].[IFMULTI][disc].[][track].[artist].[title][]
    [IF!COMP]Soundtrack\[album]\[album].[IFMULTI][disc].[][track].[title][]
    []
    [IF!EQUALS]genre,Soundtrack,
    [IFEQUALS]genre,Classical,
    [IFCOMP]Compilation\[album]\[IFVALUE]composer,[composer].[][IFMULTI][disc].[][track].[artist].[title][]
    [IF!COMP][IFVALUE]composer,[composer],[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][][]\[album]\[IFVALUE]composer,[composer].[][IFMULTI][disc].[][track].[title][]
    []
    [IF!EQUALS]genre,Classical,
    [IFCOMP]Compilation\[album]\[album].[IFMULTI][disc].[][track].[artist].[title][]
    [IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album]\[album].[IFMULTI][disc].[][track].[title][]
    []
    []

Proposed

[cASE]genre,
    [WHEN]Soundtrack,
    [IFCOMP]
    Soundtrack\[album]\[album].[IFMULTI][disc].[][track].[artist].[title]
    Soundtrack\[album]\[album].[IFMULTI][disc].[][track].[title]
    []
    [WHEN]Classical,
    [IFCOMP]
    Compilation\[album]\[IFVALUE]composer,[composer].[][IFMULTI][disc].[][track].[artist].[title]
    [IFVALUE]composer,[composer],[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][][]\[album]\[IFVALUE]composer,[composer].[][IFMULTI][disc].[][track].[title]
    []
    [ELSE]
    [IFCOMP]
    Compilation\[album]\[album].[IFMULTI][disc].[][track].[artist].[title]
    [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album]\[album].[IFMULTI][disc].[][track].[title]
    []
Working...

]]>