title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset uPNP & DLNA

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike Harris
    • Jan 2009

Re: Asset uPNP & DLNA

Spoon,

Thanks as always for the updates will download and test tonight.
    Any progress on the ability to add multiple tracks on Sonos yet?

Mike

Comment

• gwlevans
      • Feb 2009

PS3 streaming now works a treat! WMA Lossless transcoded to PCM.

Thanks,

Gareth

Comment

• dvdr
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Sep 2008

Asset uPNP & Multi-Disc-Albums

Hi Spoon

thanks for the new update! I have a question regarding an issue already known, and I'd like to have your opinion on this (as I am ripping my collection and still have about 400 CD's to go):
        still, Asset uPNP does not correctly sort double/triple Albums or CD-collections, even if properly tagged.
        When browsing into an album that is spread over multiple discs, tracks are still sorted by tracknumber, no matter which CD they are from. That results in an display order:
        Track Number 1 (of all discs)
        Track Number 2 (of all discs)
        etc.
        So, there is no way to play an multi-disc-album in the proper order, since you never know, which track is from which CD. Of course, I could add a disc-number to the album-title, but I'd rather have a multiple-disc-album sorted under ONE name, as ONE album.

Do you see any way, that Asset-uPNP will have a way to properly sort multi-disc-albums or is that something, that cannot be done?

Thanks for your support and your continuous work to improve Asset-uPNP!

Comment

• jwka
          • Feb 2009

Spoon,

any chance to quickly get explained the valid syntax and lines to be used in assetUPnPDefineBrowseTree.txt?

I would mlike to add "comined" lines consistin from the following syntax:

tag delimiter tag delimiter

i.e. A tree showing Artists AND Album delimited by hyphen should look like this:

artist01 - album01 of artist01
          artist01 - album01 of artist01
          artist01 - album02 of artist01
          artist02 - album01 of artist02
          artist03 - album01 of artist03

i.e.

+ Artist - Album
          | [...]
          | - Genesis - Abacab
          | - Genesis - Selling England by the Pound
          | - Genesis - Wind & Wuthering
          | - The Rolling Stones - Bridges to Babylon
          | - The Rolling Stones - Live Licks
          | - The Rolling Stones - Tattoo You
          | [...]

I was only able to define "Artits - Album", but did not get any entry below.

Thanx
          jwka

Comment

• jwka
            • Feb 2009

First of all: must say that the server is above what I expected, especially in terms of speed for browsing thru a device.

Now, the Qusetion comes sorry to ask maybe silly questions (I am new to streaming):

Any chance to get a "manual" where the significant things of assetUPnP are documented?

Like: What are the files necessary, which one can be modified, how does Asset read the tags, how (transformation) are the written into database, what are the various parameter-files (*.txt??) and what is the purpose, what can be used in those files and what is the syntax?

Thanks so much.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

We are not going to document those files because a GUI config is being written and no one will ever have to open those files.

Genesis - Abacab
              | - Genesis - Selling England by the Pound
              | - Genesis - Wind & Wuthering
              | - The Rolling Stones - Bridges to Babylon
              | - The Rolling Stones - Live Licks
              | - The Rolling Stones - Tattoo You
              Asset relies on correct ID Tags, the above suggests that you only have filenames, not ID Tags.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jwka
                • Feb 2009

Nop. All the files contain correct tags.

We just wanted to test how we can customize the appearence in the UPNP controller (Cidero, Linn Bute/Kinsky, Linn Leia) for our customers (that complain about low flexibility of other servers), i.e. combine tags and have a customized tree (also redefine the tree's whole structure).

I need to respect that you do not want to document the files. However that is, from my view to the current movements in the software industry, no good.

And if that is the solution, then we need to wait for the GUI.

We wanted to put Asset on our "early watch" recommendation list for customers, which cannot take place then for a while (until GUI appears, tested and the next release of our EW). We are in some cases not so happy with Twonky/Tversity, but if we cannot test in depth, need to stay with it.

What a pitty.

Thanks anyhow. Basically we saw Asset to be a great product.

Regards
                jwka

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Trees can be be defined but tags cannot be combined on one level, you would specify the 2nd item as another container down.

The GUI is almost complete, perhaps tomorrow.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Max-Fritz
                    • Feb 2009

Hi Spoon,
                    sounds good that the GUI is almost ready.
                    I hope there will be some easy ways to modify an exsisting playlist as well as saving and managing more then 1 playlist on the Ipod. Will we still need Songbook on the Ipod? The actual combination Songbook/Asset is sometimes very slow in response. This results in multiplying the same albums or numbers when tapping several times on the title, without any notable change on the ipod. When controlling afterwards i see that i did put the same title in the playlist.
                    Looking daily for the "final solution" on this forum:smile2:
                    Peter

Comment

• hifi_guy
                      • Feb 2009

Peter,

the GUI will not replace Songbook or PlugPlayer. It will be a config GUI for the server, so you can change/adapt the way e.g. asset presents your audio files to the control point.

If you have problems with SongBook or PlugPlayer being slow / hanging / crashing try to use a better / different wireless access point. They're cheap. Switching from the WiFi integrated into my DSL Router to a dedicated WAP cured my PlugPlayer problems immediately and completely, and other people have reported similar success with SongBook.

I cant explain why this worked - it simply worked.

Cheers,

Bernhard

Comment

• Rudolf
                        • Feb 2009

Dear Spoon,
                        I would like to have an alternative tree to be seen in the LinnGUI for example - the ordinary windows tree. Regarding classical music and due to the imperfectness of even AMG it appears to be helpful sometimes to have the opportunity of simply browsing the windows tree, starting of course from the flac-folder.
                        How do I alter the AssetUPnPDefinedBrowseTree.txt in order to achieve that? I think Twonky offered that.
                        It may have come to your attention that Linn is no longer happy with Ripstation, but instead favours your company for cooperation. That is why customers come to me and start asking for these things.
                        Kind regards
                        Rudolf

Comment

• Rudolf
                          • Feb 2009

Dear Spoon,
                          clicking on composers I get them - good.
                          Then clicking on Bach I get "Album", then all files / titles - no good.
                          I'd rather click on Bach and immediately get the albums, no titles.
                          The latter I'd only like to see when "opening" the album.

How do I?
                          Thanx
                          Rudolf

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

Updated to R0.99

Download as first message.

Changes:

New Configuration Program (WHS Console >> Settings >> Asset UPnP), Normal Windows Start >> Programs >> Asset UPnP, easily define the browse tree, also a default profile for browsing by hand-held controller.

Normal Windows: Asset now installs as a service, you have to sepecify the audio library.

ReplayGain option when streaming to WAVE or LPCM ** if increase bit depth to 24 bit (from 16 bit source) then recommend setting Pre-AMP to -3dB

Auto places [all tracks/albums/artists] when a container listing is prohibited
                            New option to Append disc number to Album name when multi-disc

NB Sonos multi-add did not make this release.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

@Rudolf you can stop this (track listing) by using the new configuration program.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Mike Harris
                                • Jan 2009

Spoon

Downloaded and installed, thanks as always.
                                There does not appear to be a service for Asset set up after installation (XP Home).

When I manually start the Asset-UPnPService.exe program I get the following log file.
                                03/04/2009, 22:36:39 D:\dBpoweramp\Asset-UPnPService.exe
                                03/04/2009, 22:36:39 D:\dBpoweramp\Asset-UPnPService.ini
                                03/04/2009, 22:36:39 D:\dBpoweramp\Asset-UPnPService.log
                                03/04/2009, 22:36:39 AssetUPnP
                                03/04/2009, 22:36:54 StartServiceCtrlDispatcher failed, error code = 1063

Starting Asset-uPNP.exe on it's own seems to be fine though.
                                Haven't re-created all my trees yet but will get around to that on the weekend, am away for a couple of days now.

Given your comment, are you nearing completion on getting the Sonos multi track adding working? Sure hope so.

Thanks again

Mike

Comment

Working...

]]>