title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cannot Make a Data Structure for MP3's

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jfkaess
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2005

Cannot Make a Data Structure for MP3's

I have been trying for an hour to get my folders of mp3's into the burn window to write them to a DVD. I have read the help files, and can find no way to do what should be a VERY simple and straightforward thing.

To be clear, I have several gigs of mp3's I want to copy and burn to a DVD with the following structure:

Artist name
    Album name
    mp3
    mp3
    mp3
    Album name
    mp3

Artist name
    Album name
    mp3

etc, etc

Ideally I'd like to drag each Artist name folder to the burn window and have the whole structure and files then burn to the dvd, this is what other programs I have used did, but I really like dbpoweramp and I was hoping to use the whole suite of dbpoweramp stuff for my music files and get rid of the other stuff I had been using.

In addition to not allowing the file structure to go into the burn window, CD Writer tries to convert my mp3's to audio CD files (wav) when I click add, even though I have selected to create an mp3 data dvd. I have gone into the smart conversion and set no re-encode for all bit rates, but this seems to have no effect, the files are all being converted anyway.

In short, this program seems designed ONLY to create audio Cd's and NOT mp3 data Cd's or DVD's. I had asked several weeks ago and was assured by Spoon that CD Writer WOULD create mp3 DVD's.
    Last edited by jfkaess; 07-24-2008, 01:40 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Cannot Make a Data Structure for MP3's

In CD Writer select 'Writing to' mp3 Data DVD.

Also check your mp3 files have ID tags (hold the mouse over one of them).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jfkaess
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • May 2005

Did you read my post? I obviously selected write to data mp3 dvd. Asa soon as I click the add button it starts converting my mp3 to audio cd. I can maike no folder strusture. Please reread my entire post.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It may seem obvious, too obvious for you to answer, but we have to go through this.

So in CD Writer you select 'writing to' as 'mp3 data dvd', add the files from teh explorer on the right of CD Writer, but the program changes 'writing to' to Audio CD (74 min)?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jfkaess
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • May 2005

Here We go:

1. I select mp3 data dvd
          2. click CREATE and then edit m3 data dvd
          3. data audio cd is already selected and greyed out
          4. check smart conversion - it is set up to no re-encode mp3 and I then select all bit rates
          5. Select the folder with mp3's in it from explorer window
          6. The mp3-s appear in the window below that
          7. I click the add button without selecting a file
          8. A dialog pops up asking "copy all files from folder xxx to audio CD, if I select no, then nothing happens, If I select yes then:
          9. It immediately brings up a window which says "converting file x of x to audio cd" even though in smart conversion I have the rule set to no re-encoding for all bit rates

Yes, the files all have tags already which were set by music converter edit tag option

Also, my other concern is the inability to set up a folder structure for the mp3 files
          Last edited by jfkaess; 07-24-2008, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It might say converting, but if its speed is above x30 then it is not converting, just copying. Lame is around x20 speed, so if smart conversion is working it would be around x70.

The folder structure appears only when writing a disc, it relys on the ID Tags, you need to check the mp3 files have id tags.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>