title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Automatic rip when sufficient tags are found

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • InorganicMatter
    • Jun 2008

Automatic rip when sufficient tags are found

I'm ripping a ton of stuff, and wishing I didn't have to wait for ~15 seconds after inserting the CD for it to find tags out there before I can start it. It adds up really fast when ripping hundreds of albums, and requires more interaction.

So I was thinking, why not have it start autoripping if it finds "enough" ID tags? By "enough," maybe either a predefined set (e.g.: autostart ripping if you find album, artist, and track names), or just a simple more/less slider that dBPowerAmp does the logic on. Then, once it determines to automatically start, give the user a few seconds to not autostart before taking off.

So maybe a workflow would go:
    1) User inserts CD
    2) dBPowerAmp searches for tags
    3) Finds enough ID tags to start ripping
    4) "Autoripping will start in 5...4...3...2...1..."
    5) Starts ripping
    6) Finishes, auto ejects tray
    7) User inserts next CD
    8) Go to Step 2
    ...and so on.

The idea is the user can work / play video games / whatever, and just inert the next CD when the tray pops out. dBPowerAmp autorips everything it can, only interrupting the user when it needs interaction (e.g.: "couldn't find enough data, what should I do?").
  • EliC
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Automatic rip when sufficient tags are found

Try the batch ripper.

Comment

• InorganicMatter
      • Jun 2008

Re: Automatic rip when sufficient tags are found

Excellent, thank you.

Comment

Working...