title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Rip Sessions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EliC
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Rip Sessions

Originally requested here

Rip sessions: basically generate a playlist for a rip-session. You can start and stop a new rip session at any point. All discs or files ripped during a rip session are added to the rip session playlist.

Discs should be identified by a unique identifier, such as the CD TOC. If an album is ripped with the same Album Title as one already in the library but a different CD TOC, it will still be ripped and added to the library.

So if I rip my discs I can create a rip-session for me. Then when I rip my wife's discs I create a separate rip-session. If a disc is loaded that is already in the library, it is not re-ripped, but the disc is added to the rip-session. All the files are moved to the same library, but when I want to load her songs to her iPod I just move her playlist and all of her songs are loaded.

The Rip Session would basically consist of a list of CD TOC and the track numbers for the rip session. If a rip session is loaded you can play the songs from the rip session, copy the files from the rip session to another location, move them to a portable player, ect...

You should also be able to load Rip Sessions into my Library Backup Request and back up just the files/directories for that Rip Session
  • EliC
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Rip Sessions

Since the database functions of the audio player are almost a year away at best, I am hoping some of these features would be implemented without an actual database, but just a TOC reference list.

So when ripping a disc, the ripper will check the TOC reference list. If that disc has already been ripped there will be an option to automatically not rip it.

Creating a rip session will simply create a parallel TOC list. When a cd is ripped it is added to the main TOC list and the rip session.

Ideally, you would be able to load tracks and copy them to a second location by loading a Rip Session.

Comment

• EliC
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Re: Rip Sessions

I don't know what Spoon's plans are next. According to the last state of development in Feb work on Sveta and dPA should be underway soon. I just wanted to bump RipSessions and Library Backup Tool back onto the radar ;-)

Another update to the state of development would be nice.

Comment

Working...

]]>