title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ID3 v2.4

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • studley
    • Oct 2006

ID3 v2.4

Please consider adding support for ID3 v2.4 tagging (both reading and writing).

Thanks,

David
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: ID3 v2.4

I believe ID3v2.4 support is planned for R13, but I am not sure if it will be in it or not. If it is, I believe only read-only support is planned.

Out of my curiosity, why do you want support for it? What program do you use that reads it, foobar?

Comment

• studley
      • Oct 2006

Thanks for the reply.

I'm running Squeezeboxes (Now a Logitech product) to play my music throughout my house. They have excellent support of ID3 v2.4. In particular I like to use TSOP for Artist Sort Order. For tagging purposes I use Mp3tag which has also completely embraced the newer standard.

Most of the time this is no problem for me. I rip using dbPowerAmp (in v2.3) and then up to v2.4 (in mp3tag) as I tweak my tags before adding to my server.

What brought it to my attention again was my desire to add ReplayGain to some of my older files. As I ran it through dbPowerAmp's Batch Converter I lost these fields. In general, since I keep my tags in v2.4, I can't use dbPowerAmp's tools for anything which manipulates my tags.

Cheers, David

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The id3v2.4 implementation is a bit of a mess, files created in Foobar will not read correctly in iTunes, so if we implemented it the board would fill with exactly that question, there is no issue with 2.3
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>